Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 85mm f2 Kiev RF mount late moder 77xx
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 85mm f2 Kiev RF mount late moder 77xx Reply with quote

I got this lens today from UK, any experience ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila

I have this lens, though I have modified it to an EOS mount so I can use it on my Canon DSLR's. One of my favourite lenses. Appears very much sharper wide open than my MC J9 (soft and "glowy" which I also like) and more on par with my CZ 2.8/85. Unlike the MC J9 it does not have the aperture pre-select ring and appears to be uncoated.

Anyway, if you are going to use this lens, I think you will like it a lot Very Happy

Kiev/Contax range finder Jupiter 9 lens. Modified for use with Canon EOS DSLR

On Canon EOS 400D, F/2, 1/15s, ISO 1600. Taken in dim fluorescent lighting. No real pp other than white balance. This was a hand held shot Shocked I was "very very drunk at the time" Laughing I could not have held that steady sober. The cat interrupted a late night poker game and seemed to be chasing imaginary mice with that wide eyed look.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will use on film bodies first and if I like it really I will by adapter perhaps for Next. I have already silver one with L39 mount and converted one to Exakta. I think they are top lenses one of my best ones. I sold MC Jupiter-9 they are good ones , but I fould I like old silver SLR lens better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unlike the MC J9 it does not have the aperture pre-select ring and appears to be uncoated.

It is certainly not uncoated but compared with the older chrome version which have a vibrant purple/blue cast and the late MC..which I'm not sure since I've never held one =/ ...the coating of these 1970s lenses are very pale/light in appearance.
Quote:

I fould I like old silver SLR lens better.

Me too!