Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T2 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: T2 adapter Reply with quote

Hello. I have just bought a very compact, exc., 13.5 euros Listar 500 mm f8 mirror lens. I don't need it, but just couldn't pass with such a cheap price Smile. I thought it was M42, but it will not screw in any of my M42 bodies or in my M42-K adapters, so I think it is a T2 mount. The thread is 42 diameter, but finer than the M42 mount. Any T or T2 adapter to M42 will do, or are there different specimens (specially regarding registration distance)?. I can see several items in e-bay but some of them are advertised as T/T2 to M42 telescope adapters. Could them be used?. Thank you very much.

Javier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess any T mount adapter will works for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I guess any T mount adapter will works for you.

+1 ...

M42 thread is 42x1, while T/T2 is 42x0.75 (or it is the opposite ? My memory is letting me down) ... My T2 adapters were labelled as "telescope adapters", too, but they work perfectly with my T2 lenses ...

Maybe they could have been cheaper if the mention "telescope adapter" was not printed on the box Twisted Evil ...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila and indianadinos. This is just what I wanted to know. I think I am going to pay more for the adapter than for the lens Shocked

Javier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wupdigoj wrote:
Thank you Attila and indianadinos. This is just what I wanted to know. I think I am going to pay more for the adapter than for the lens Shocked

Javier

Your welcome! Quiet common issue on cheap lenses. I hope it will be perform at least acceptable. These 'unknown' cheap mirrors frequently makes unusable soft images.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, any T or T2 adapter should work. Do not worry about register distance, my 500/8 and 1000/10 mirrors both focus past infinity and are rather forgiving of slight variations. And T2-PK or T2-M42 adapters are usually inexpensive, like around US$5 shipped new. At least, that is what I paid a couple months ago.