Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A forgotten lens, Ricoh RKN 35-70mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: A forgotten lens, Ricoh RKN 35-70mm Reply with quote

I found this lens on Ebay and did not find much about it on the Internet. It was the kit lens for the later Ricoh SLRs, a K-mount lens that operates as both an A type lens for Pentax SLRs and dSLRs and a P-type lens for the later Ricoh SLRs. I bid on it and got it for $.99, came to about $9 with shipping. I took some shots of my coffee table in my man cave (the den, where all my cameras live) and a local park at sundown with my Pentax K200D.

F3.5

F5.6

F8

F8

Very heavily cropped image of a hawk at F6.3

Same as above, F6.3

Different day, same lens on a Ricoh XR-10 SLR, Kodak Gold 200:

Same day as picture above, Ricoh XR-10 and lens, Gold 200 film:

Same park, later in Spring, Ricoh XR-10 with Gold 200 film, pretty nice bokeh.

Different location, same camera and lens, cropped from original negative, Gold 200:

Not a bad little lens, a bit prone to flare in certain situations but it works well on my K200D and has pretty well behaved bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all,you are not worried about the Ricoh pin jamming on your K200D?
I have this lens as well and have not tried it because of the Pin....I also have the K200D as well Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the first SLR lens I have ever bought!
In a kit with my Ricoh KR-10x in 1990.
I still have it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Not bad at all,you are not worried about the Ricoh pin jamming on your K200D?
I have this lens as well and have not tried it because of the Pin....I also have the K200D as well Laughing Cool

Check yours, but on my RKN lens the Ricoh pin is a rounded bump, like the contacts on a Pentax A lens and this type of pin does not appear to get stuck, unlike the pins on third party lenses that offered Ricoh pin contacts (like Vivitar).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a nice lens or just samples are good ? Laughing I like them really!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens? or the never one with variable aperture?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the lens that I picked up for a song at a garage sale last week. It's not a bad little lens at all. I took the pin out just in case though. It's much better than my similar Tou 5 Star actually....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will be checking the pin!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soikka wrote:
This lens? or the never one with variable aperture?

Mine is a later lens with a 52mm filter ring and just RKN (in green), not Rikenon on the lens and is a variable aperture lens, f3.5-4.5.