Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how do you keep developed 120 film?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: how do you keep developed 120 film? Reply with quote

i've started to develop 120 films by myself. two films so far that were mainly a tests of the cameras, but when i start to be creative with medium format camera i'll need a way to safekeep the films when developed...

how do you keep them?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In medium format paper based or nylon strip holder. All my film strips stored in a plastic box with humidity removal chemical , humidity is 20-50% when need to rescan them I iron them with heavy books for hours to get perfectly flat stripes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In medium format paper based or nylon strip holder. All my film strips stored in a plastic box with humidity removal chemical , humidity is 20-50% when need to rescan them I iron them with heavy books for hours to get perfectly flat stripes.

thanks

do you cut them and if so how many frames per strip? (i guess 3 or 4 frames per strip)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is fit in holder , frame is size dependent 6x6, 6x4,5 , 6x9 ..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6x45
6x6
6x7
6x9
6x12
6x17

NB:
May also vary depending on spacing.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cut 6x6 into strips of three negs each. This fits the scanner filmholder and after scanning I store them in pockets in clear acetate sheets, 12 negs per sheet. The sheets can be filed in a normal A4 binder.
http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/binder_filing/kenro_120_acetate_negative_pages_25/6418_p.html

What I'd like to know is how to mount 6x6 slides for the projector! I can't find one lab that offers 6x6 mounting.