Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interesting old preset 135mm f3.5 - SERIES E ( sankor )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Interesting old preset 135mm f3.5 - SERIES E ( sankor ) Reply with quote

(update replaced some of the pics lost to change of server). I tossed in a bid on this t-mount preset lens, mainly because I liked the zebra livery, partly because the other bidder was a dodgy (IMO) guy who goes by the moniker lens.solutions, he's had a couple of lenses off me listed spares repairs 99p that he has subsequently listed BIN at a high price, no mention of the faults. I have regarded his activities with a frown since.

No later than early sixties I reckon (when did t-mount come in?). Mechanics were suffering the effects of long storage, I spent an evening disassembling and relubing. Fortunately the zillion blade iris was clean. Optics OK, just a bit of haze on the second element and a few tendrils of fungus. Interesting 3 element design, normal looking front element, big fat second element that I couldn't figure out how to remove from the barrel and a third element in the rear. Optics look uncoated. 46mm filter thread.

Took it out for a spin on my Samsung NX20.

Suffice to say the results took me by surprise. This is giving my Jupiter 11A, CZJ... et al a run for their money. Check out the full sized pic below (f11 if I remember right, off the card default pp only)! Contrast suprisingly good given the lack of coatings, it seems to me. Plenty of sharpness, I can count the follicles on the ol mans' face. Smoooooth bokeh.

The lens did exhibit classic LoCA: the sign on the quay is my litmus test. Crop 1 slightly back focussed; crop 2 slightly front focussed.

I did some searching and googling but found no other mention of this particular lens or of "series E" (search results are all for Nikon lenses..).

I'm keeping it!!

Last edited by marcusBMG on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting lens, pretty sharp!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very common lens made by Sankor and well known for being a good one.

Now look for the 2.5/105 version. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there is a previous thread - found it with sankor as a search term.

http://forum.mflenses.com/mayfair-sankor-135-3-5-t14614,start,15.html

I don't think it's that common though.

And just in case you didn't think that pic of the dog was quite so sharp, here's a 100% crop:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankor lenses appear in a LOT of brandings, I have seen at least 20. My 2.5/105 is a Series E, but my other Sankors are all different brands.

There are always a few of the 135 on ebay, it's probably the most common Sankor although the others are not scarce either. The 200 and 300mms seem pretty common.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one on sale worldwide ..= not common.

Another sample pic on my K5 this time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens looks a my Accura Supertel Tc 128mm f/2.8, which is also a very good lens!
Did Sankor also produce Accura lenses?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, Sankor lenses appear in a lot of brands, more than 20, Accura Diamatic is one of them.

This 135 is probably the most common Sankor and the stripey finish is probably the most common of the several variants.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my sankor 135 /2,8 'cos it had strong flare, very low contrast and lateral CA that affected the picture quality a lot.

It was sharp enough in average Mode.

Not first class nor near.

It had very good mechanical With clean glass without fungus, nor haze nor marks.