Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Found in a charity shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Found in a charity shop Reply with quote

Zeiss Ikon Nettar with a Velio shutter and a Novar-Anastigmat 1.45/75mm lens. It seems to be in excellent working condition and cost £10. There is a sticker inside from a service in Malmö which was guaranteed until April 1st 1964.

Nettar (3) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Now to load it with film.

K.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! Very Happy
I didn`t know they sent Zeiss cameras to Sweden for service back in the days Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lovely camera, a real pleasure to use. A tenner well spent. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is now loaded with a roll of Kodak Portra 400 (as I already had Kodak Tri-X in my Agfa Isolette II). Hoping for some nice weather tomorrow to go and use the roll.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Smile Looks almost exactly like mine, which I got about a month ago, except for the shutter. I paid double for mine though. Sad And yes, it's amazing how these things just work, even after apparently decades of neglect. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera and quite the find.

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, Kris. Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these late model Nettars. Nice to use. Congrats on a bargain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, almost finished the first roll of Portra 400... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really nice, i just started experimenting with old folders myself. I hope you checked the bellows for pinhole leaks with a strong LED torch before loading it... i didn't when i shot my first roll.....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did take a look but I'll find out for sure when the first roll comes back on Wednesday.

Cheers all, Kris.