Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 50mm f/3.5 (M42) (KMZ) [K450] & NEX5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Industar 50-2 50mm f/3.5 (M42) (KMZ) [K450] & NEX5 Reply with quote

Very nice lens for its size and price!

The adapter for M42 > NEX is even more voluminous than the lens itself Laughing

There is a special gallery for pictures taken with this lens on display on my website, but at this time, it only contains images of the lens and of the combo with NEX5.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very nice lens. I like the colour and the rendition in the centre (which is very sharp on a 5D Mk2), unfortunately it does lose the plot a bit in the edges and corners. I think it would be very good indeed on a crop-sensor DSLR.

This is most of the frame from my 5d/2:

(I've just cropped the bottom a bit to remove a distracting head)

Here is a 72dpi crop from near the centre of the frame:

But here is a 72dpi example from the left edge, where it has done very funny things to the treetrunk.

The shot was taken at an undemanding f11 or thereabouts.

There's also some fairly obvious vignetting, but that can easily be corrected in photoshop.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just can't understand how small the NEX is, how do you handle it? I couldn't fit more than two fingers around the handle.

Luckily I have this: Smile
Unfortunately I think you might have a better image quality .. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding the use on NEX it has an important advantage: it is the lightweight even with the adapter it is ( 140gr) 50 % of the NEX ( 300gr ) - good to balance