Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which Contax-EOS Leitax for 28/2.8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Which Contax-EOS Leitax for 28/2.8? Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I just ordered a Contax Zeiss 28/2.8 MM, which I intend to use on my Canon 5DII with a Leitax mount adapter.

I noticed that Leitax sells both wide and narrow diameter mounts.

Which one do I need?

Thanks for your help!

Ron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I was going to suggest a standard adapter from ebay is all you need with Canon, but I see Mr Llato has created something better. Fwiw, he is responsive to emails and forthcoming in providing helpful answers to questions. You might try sending him a mail directly if you don't find your answer here.

K.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kelly. I did send David an e-mail also, but thought I'd see if anyone here knew. I recently bought one of his Leica-R mounts for a 50 Summicron, and it works wonderfully on my 5dII. I'm sure his Contax mounts are equally good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone else has the same question, Mr. Llado did write me back this afternoon and advised that the CZ 28/2.8 requires the narrow mount version. I placed my order and hope to have both the lens and the mount some time next week.