Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tamron 135 f2.8 never see one like this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: tamron 135 f2.8 never see one like this? Reply with quote

I have won this lens and cannot find any info on it, anybody seen one?
It looks like no tamron that i see before

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the Adapt-A-matic tamron.But possibly a early version....what is the model number?
http://www.adaptall-2.org/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned it once. However I had not been quate happy with it. So, I sold it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mo
i found photos of the Adapt-A-matic model JSG-28Au and it looks nothing like.
The adaptall 1 CT-135 looks a bit related and of corse the adaptall 2 135 is a f2.5
I will post the model no when i get it
I think the mount release clip looks adaptall 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very early Adaptall - Not Adaptall-2

The lens itself is most likely a version of the Adaptamatic model.

Tamron made a line of in-between lenses, when they first started using the Adaptall mounts, that used the basic Adaptamatic lens designs but changed the style and of course the mounting system.

Later new design lenses were made with the Adaptall mounts.

Several members have posted samples of these in-between types. The typical feature seems to be that transparent section of the focus grip. They are not very common.

These in-between lenses are not listed in the adaptall-2.org site by the way. Many lenses Tamron made aren't well documented.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one would likely have been marketed alongside the silver version, which looks the same...except it's silver of course! Laughing

Both were Adaptall-1 lenses and both perform the same (yeah, I seem to have owned them all Laughing )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add, this lens is missing the focusing rubber which is very common...it tends to crack and crumble!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i noticed the rubber missing.... so that probably solved that then... any body know anything about tamron serial numbers?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for fun, here's the serials of some Adaptall-1 lenses I've owned Smile

Hmm...apart from the fact that I have owned way too many Tamrons over the years, could the first number correspond with the 197x year? Just thinking...the silver lenses were probably around earlier in the 70s, just as the Adaptamatic lenses were phased out (1973).

Any other thoughts?