Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 55mm f2.8 Macro M42 - anyone heard of it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Sigma 55mm f2.8 Macro M42 - anyone heard of it? Reply with quote

Hi all -

I came across this lens on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140431520487&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Few hours searching on the internet show nothing about it. Does anyone have any idea about this lens?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sigma 55mm f2.8 Macro M42 - anyone heard of it? Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
Hi all -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140431520487&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Few hours searching on the internet show nothing about it. Does anyone have any idea about this lens?

1975/1978 Sigma 55/2.8 was part of XQ High end series of sigma (to be compared with ex hig end today lenses) but sigma lenses of that time were medium/low quality (ex lenses are really high end)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sigma 55mm f2.8 Macro M42 - anyone heard of it? Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
ducdao wrote:
Hi all -

1975/1978 Sigma 55/2.8 was part of XQ High end series of sigma (to be compared with ex hig end today lenses) but sigma lenses of that time were medium/low quality (ex lenses are really high end)

Thanks! Will post some test pictures upon receiving the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across such lens in beautifull condition in the local photoshop. Last M42 lens there (YS-mount for Pentax ES). Offered for € 20 and that was not enough to let it be where it was. Searching for results I didn't find much so ... how are the promised samples? Or are they so horrible that they couldn't be showed?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I came across such lens in beautifull condition in the local photoshop. Last M42 lens there (YS-mount for Pentax ES). Offered for € 20 and that was not enough to let it be where it was. Searching for results I didn't find much so ... how are the promised samples? Or are they so horrible that they couldn't be showed?

Not really, you see I've been out of the country for 3 months now so there are approximately 100 lenses waiting for me at home to unbox and try out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ducdao wrote:
Quote:
Not really, you see I've been out of the country for 3 months now so there are approximately 100 lenses waiting for me at home to unbox and try out.

A queue of 100 lenses wating Shocked!? So I need to have lots of patience to wait for the samples or some patience for better wheather (dark and grey now) to create some myself Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens in YS M42 mount. It was OK, nothing special.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
So it will probably not set my Volna 50mm/2.8 outside?