Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ESII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: ESII Reply with quote

My Pentax ESII with a Superlite II flash and an SMC Takumar 55/1.8 lens. Taken with a Pentax K20D and a Jupiter-9 85mm lens.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a Pentax tripod, my hat's off to you! And that's a cool flash, does it still work?

The ES-II is a very nice camera indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

The flash works but sadly the ESII needs to go for repair.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cheap when it comes to repair - because there's always another three-six other cameras to try out... I've got a backlog of Pentaxes that should be fixed or cla'd... But the one exception was my ES-II, I sent it to Eric who still has the meter boards in stock. Works great now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if the UK based people can fix it first. If not, I'll send it to Eric.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, gotta love that flash. It looks like something out of a 1950s scifi flick. Cool

I agree, the ESII is a cool camera. I owned a black one for an all-too brief amount of time back in my camera dealer days.

Last edited by cooltouch on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought an ES 11 myself....what batteries do you use?....I've heard the SR44 (Silver Oxide) or the Energizer 357 are perfect replacements.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickles wrote:
Just bought an ES 11 myself....what batteries do you use?....I've heard the SR44 (Silver Oxide) or the Energizer 357 are perfect replacements.
Cheers, Pickles.

Yes. A new ESII came with 4 Eveready S76E or Mallory MS-76H (LR44) alkali button cells in the box. Silver oxide cells last longer and have a much flatter discharge curve than alkali but they're more expensive, so you pays your money and takes your choice. If you see anyone recommending lithium batteries they probably won't work, as the output is 3.0v or more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the manual of the ES-II you should use 4 silver batteries (1.5V). So 2 lithium would be fine if they fitted in the battery holder. But in the ES-II the batteries are not stacked, so most lithium batteries don't fit physically. If you can find them in the same small model, you should use two and fill the other two battery places with something to let the current through (tin foil or something like that).
Mine is a horrible battery eater - I take batteries out immediatly after using the camera and keep them apart.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing The fact that it eats 4 at a time is horrifying, but I haven't found mine to have too great an appetite - but then my "standard" for battery eaters are the Olympus OM2s (which never turns itself off) and an early digital Minolta p&s...

I have 357's in mine at the moment, at some point I'd read relative to Olympus that these seem to last better than the other versions. Probably an old wives tale though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opted for the ES. Although it's missing a few nice features like a timer and shutter button lock, it uses 1 px28 battery. Much more convenient than the 4 SR44s.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ES is one of my favourite cameras although I am not sure why... Very Happy

K.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of nice looking outfits you have.

I sent my SPII to Eric a couple of years ago, maybe three years ago and it works like new. He does nice work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. If my UK-based repairer cannot fix it I'll send it to Eric.

Best wishes, Kris.