Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD EOS Thin adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Canon FD EOS Thin adapter Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has tried the thin adapter. It's not a name, it's a description. I believe they are made in India not China. At least they are sold out of India.
By the pictures I've seen they look about 1/2 the thickness or less then the Macro adapters.
I ordered one from a US seller, but haven't received it yet.
I was wondering how much you gain over a macro adapter. I will post test results after I get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best FD-EF adapter without lens is probably that one from Ed Mika, it is not cheap, but I suppose from what I read well made. With the longer FD super tele lenses you get infinity with these.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
With the longer FD super tele lenses you get infinity with these.

Yeah, 600mm and up, I believe. With my 400mm f/4.5, if memory serves, I get about 200 meters, which isn't bad. A 300/4 should probably also focus well out there. Starting with the 300/4 I believe, Canon added a considerable amount of additional throw to the focusing range of their longer teles. My 400/4.5 focuses over 1/2" past the infinity mark, and as I dimly recall, so does the 300 f/4. It's because of this feature that you get the additional reach with these thin adapters.