Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focal 80-200mm f3.5 macro on Minolta X700
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Focal 80-200mm f3.5 macro on Minolta X700 Reply with quote

Hi there: Can anyone tell me anything about this lens? I bought it in a box of Minolta stuff that included the X700 body. It's a pretty hefty chunk of glass and metal, but I figured that it would be junk. I was a bit surprised. It is a two-ring design with a 67mm front filter size. Looks like maybe early '80s? Some images today taken with it and the X700 on a roll of Agfacolor 400 that was still in the body (and may have been more than 10 years old). I think this is a lens that would benefit from bright sunlight and facing away from the sun. Edit: Also, it focuses to less than two feet at 200mm.

Edit 2: I found that Focal was the brand name for lenses sold through K-Mart (at least in the 1980s). I found one iffy reference to Minolta being the manufacturer, though no confirmation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, the results do not look bad for junk, isn't it!?
Nice surprise.