Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which 9 V battery you can make 4.5 V?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Which 9 V battery you can make 4.5 V? Reply with quote

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-45-volt-battery-pack-from-a-9V-battery/

I just opened "Airam" -battery but it is a stack of 1.5 V batteries you can't separate?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As was mentioned in the comments below the short article, the AAAA 1.5v batteries are available separately. Here in the US, I've bought AAAA batteries at WalMart before.

But if you prefer to dismantle a 9v, this is what I'd do:

Inside the 9v, the batteries are probably spot-welded together with short leads. You'll need three of them for 4.5v. So, I would just clip the lead between two pairs of three batteries, then solder leads onto the ends of the two batteries on each end of the circuit, and tape them up, the way it's shown in the photo.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Just that some batteries have a stack of cells on top of each other, some have the AAAA:s. The picture is duracell battery but who knows how old this article is.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the earliest comment is April, 2009, so my guess is the article is pretty recent. Even with button cells, though, you can divide the stack(s) into two even groups, seems to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is 4.5V to power? There is not much power available from this 9V battery, not enough for USB, only enough to power a single led for a few hours. A 4.5V A25PX battery is smaller, with much more power.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaroid 100. Thank you for the tips, one can still get the original battery too but it is just expensive. (18 € + shipping from impossible, £14.49 from smallbattery Mad Evil or Very Mad )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, let's see...Polaroid 100 uses PX19 battery, PX19 is 4.5V, 600mA capacity, 16.8mm dia. x 60mm cylinder shape with button connectors similar to 9V battery..

9V battery capacity is only 150mA or so, not enough to power camera long if at all. Also, the 9V block case will not fit in PX19 space, I'm assuming okay is external battery pack with wires going into camera battery compartment, that smaller is better.

AAA, AA, C, D batteries are all 1.5V; 3 of them in series make 4.5V. Capacity of smallest, AAA, is enough to power camera much longer than original battery.

Suggest Click here to see on Ebay and 3 Alkaline AA batteries. Caution, before putting batteries in pack make absolutely certain the + and - wires from the battery pack connect to the correct + and - battery connections in the camera!

NiMH AA have more capacity than alkalines, but lower voltage, only 1.2V. Only 3.6V with 3, the Polaroid might gripe about battery being 'low', might not.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9V battery is that powerless, didn't know that. The battery uses just the electronic shutter so don't know how much it consumes power, no leds no beeps etc.

The battery compartment of Polaroid 100 is much larger than the battery itself and the battery holder is just one screw. I think one could fit even 3 AAA batteries there?