Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A stroll in Leuven (B), with 2 vintage Voigtlander lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: A stroll in Leuven (B), with 2 vintage Voigtlander lenses Reply with quote

Yesterday was a perfect day for a visit to Leuven.
First, we went to the Botanical Garden, and then to the Market Place with its magnificent City Hall

Here's a few pics, shot with the G1 and two vintage lenses :
a Voigtlander Septon 50/2 and a Voigtlander Super-Dynarex 135/4

Overall, I'm quite happy with the lenses, although the long "closest focus distance" (90cm for the Septon and 4m for the Super-Dynarex) do handicap them a little

Comments welcome !

C U,
Rafael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful Raf, very well done!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful colors- the tonal structure, especially the gold and the blue is very good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old lenses continues to impress.
Great series!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series! my favs #3#4#5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Rafael! Love the Cabbage!

Michiel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everybody !
Rafael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend a large part of the day in that city Smile

I have a question about the colour rendering, especially in the image of the cabbage. Is that primarily of the camera you used, the PP you did or is it a characteristic of the used lens?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour rendering of the final picture is a combination of the colour and lighting of the object (very dark, cloudy at that moment) and the camera/lens/PP I used.

Camera is G1 Panasonic, and the colours you can achieve with it are really pleasing to many eyes ! The vintage lenses offer their special "mood" to the pictures, but I'm not sure they change much to the colour ?? Postprocessing involved RAW to jpeg conversion with Silkypix Developer Pro, and some finetuning on the jpeg with COREL PaintShop Pro Photo X2.
Nothing special done in the field of PP for the cabbage shot, so, in my opinion, the object and the lighting will be the main thing !

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Which reminds me ... I've never ever been in Leuven yet Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic no.3 talks about character of glass. It's actually my fave.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Pic no.3 talks about character of glass. It's actually my fave.

It has something special, something that is calling me... There is only one remedy I guess Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love what you have achieved with this combination! i have an ep2 and very much enjoy using it with my deckel mount lenses (i have full complement of kodak retina reflex lenses which have very similar mount to your lenses)

i found the color IS differnet using these lenses on m4/3 camera--much more saturated and deep than other lenses. however you were able to drag much more cotrast out of this combo than i have. i find, esp with b&w, i have to rachet up the contrast on these lenses in pp. well done! i hope more people will discover these lenses.