Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New year fireworks_B&W serie_Nikkor 2/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: New year fireworks_B&W serie_Nikkor 2/135 Reply with quote

Hi,
Fireworks is one of the favourite activity of the children (and not only children!), only allowed the last day of the year here in the Netherlands.....
Quite dangerous and every year, there are several accidents but it's here a tradition...........
All shoot with Nikkor 2/135mm:

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thiught I will see fireworks on the sky... Very Happy
This should be titled playing fireworks Very Happy
Those are really nice pictures

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... the first one is like totally 3D Shocked
excellent photos!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! And here an idea what looks like the streets the first of january!:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and very nice toning Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That's one hell of a good lens. Superb mono images.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The composition of these photo's are really good for something quite spontaneous, especially the point of focus in the first. Like your BW conversion too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments....and yes, this lens is surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job capturing this special moment. I remember very well how thrilled I was on new years eve as a child Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks "Gonzoo" for your comment! Yes, it's for sure a very exciting day and LOT of fun for the children....just a shame than every year, you can read in the newspaper (or on TV) all the damaged caused by these fireworks (on materiel and above that on children) Sad ...
Some (oldest) children are also able to buy illegal imported fireworks and these are particularly very very dangerous .....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series! I not really like these little noise makers, many dogs run far away from home under these hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Excellent series! I not really like these little noise makers, many dogs run far away from home under these hours.

Thanks Attila...yes it's true, my cat for exemple stay at home (under the sofa!) almost two days long Sad ....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Thanks Attila...yes it's true, my cat for exemple stay at home (under the sofa!) almost two days long Sad ....

Pure kitten! I did also worry about my bird, but she did handle easy , didn't care much them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasic images, tastefully processed. And the 3D in the first one Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham Very Happy ....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks also "Shauttra" for your comment ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really fantastic series, great shots!

I know all Dutch are crazy about fireworks Laughing Therefore I spend every NewYear in Holland.
Not only children are cracy about fireworks
Wink

This year I got to know carbide shooting. Carbid schieten, melkbusschieten - however ...
It was great fun to do ...
I made a movie from our first carbide shooting experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMGFmGFyAQ

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's 100% true that all Dutch (and not only children) are crazy about fireworks but I'm not Dutch native, that's may be the reason why I'm not specialy crazy about it Rolling Eyes ...
I took a look on your movie, it seems that you are also a little bit crazy about fireworks Very Happy ......
Anyway, thanks Tobias for your comments ....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I took a look on your movie, it seems that you are also a little bit crazy about fireworks ...... quote]

just a little bit Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cheers
Tobias