Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED2 and a Jupiter-12
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: FED2 and a Jupiter-12 Reply with quote

I am hoping for some help here!

As some of you may remember I was given a nice FED2 with a Industar-26m lens for Christmas. It worked very nicely and I was happy.

I just won a Jupiter-12 35mm f/2.8 lens on ebay. Annoyingly, I cannot get the lens to mount. The rear lens cap fits both the Industar and the Jupiter quite happily, but the Jupiter just goes round and round in the throat of the camera and the threads do not catch.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Many thanks, Kris.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes hard to screw in , try at both position infinity and shortest too.

Another possible problem is rangefinder adjust arm , if not fully in right position you can't screw in J-12 this did happen with me with my Fed-3a what is basically exactly a FED-2.Either you can try to adjust it or by another FED-2 body.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

set the lens at closest focus. this will keep the rf arm from pushing against the helicoid, and might make it easier to screw in..