Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 70-210 as a wildlife lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 70-210 as a wildlife lens Reply with quote

I know the f4-5.6 non-D version causes yawns among some photogs, but I've always found this to be a trusty lens (and it has the same optics as the D version but allows more precise manual focus). I took this lens and a 300mm ED-IF to Africa a few years ago and going back I actually got confused about which image was shot with which lens!

I saw some really nice images of African wildlife converted to B&W in a British photo mag, and decided I'd try that with one of my images.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice sharpness and good separation from the background. I can't fault the performance of your lens, either. How well does it handle color, as in chromatic aberrations?

I'm in a similar position. I shoot Canon, and have an old 70-210 f/4 EF lens that I refuse to part with. Yeah it focuses slow compared to more modern ones, but fast enough for my purposes. But it just takes such good photos, I figure I'd have to buy an "L" lens to outdo the quality of this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: Here are a couple examples from this lens in color. I think it does pretty well (although you wouldn't want to use it for sports)!