Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New scanner for Christmas, II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: New scanner for Christmas, II Reply with quote

Hi there! I finally got a scanner -- the Epson V300. So far, it's been easy to use, and haven't had the software problems that some other people have had. Here's one of my first attempts with an underexposed shot on Ilford XP. Nikon FE, Nikkor-UD 20mm f3.5.

And here's the first try. Set at AUTO, so it scanned at 300 dpi. Worked up in Paintshop Pro X2. Nikon F2, Nikkor S 50mm f1.4.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, are you using the Epson scanning software?.

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I am using the Epson software, which seems to work just fine. I've seen reviews where other folks have had trouble with it, but mine is OK -- although I really don't have anything to judge it by! Here are more recent scans with Kodak Gold 800 and Kodachrome.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three different Epson scanners that all use Epson Scan software, and I actually like it. Looks like your V300 is cranking out some nice photos -- surprisingly good for 300 dpi. I recommend you bump up your scanner's scanning resolution to at least 2400 dpi though. It will provide you with better enlargements of your negatives and slides that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: New scanner for Christmas, II Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:

Beautiful composition!
Print worthy!