Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Female Cardinal ...Vivitar 600mm Solid Cat.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: A Female Cardinal ...Vivitar 600mm Solid Cat. Reply with quote

More with the Vivitar 600mm f/8 Series 1 solid catadioptric lens and a Pentax K7.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine birds, nice shots.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are too kind my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow 600mm and a stunning bird.

Handheld..?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pretty looking bird!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive! And such colorful birds. The ones we see over here tend to go in various shades of gray with an occational spot of color at the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're really making me want one of those lenses, BD. There's one on eBay right now -- way out of my price range, though. That one or the Sigma 600, which I used to own and sold when I switched systems from Canon to Nikon. Unfortunately the Sigma, like the Vivitar, has a good rep, so I never see one sell on eBay for anywhere close to the price I paid for mine new back in 1984. Sad Dang it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lahnet wrote:
Wow 600mm and a stunning bird.

Handheld..?

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Very pretty looking bird!

Yes they are pretty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven wrote:
Impressive! And such colorful birds. The ones we see over here tend to go in various shades of gray with an occational spot of color at the best.

The females are that way here but especially in the Spring and Summer the males are very colorful. Wait until you see a Painted Bunting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
You're really making me want one of those lenses, BD. There's one on eBay right now -- way out of my price range, though. That one or the Sigma 600, which I used to own and sold when I switched systems from Canon to Nikon. Unfortunately the Sigma, like the Vivitar, has a good rep, so I never see one sell on eBay for anywhere close to the price I paid for mine new back in 1984. Sad Dang it!

Another reason to hold on to what you have. Laughing Laughing Laughing