Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Italy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Italy Reply with quote

some last week touristic shots from Italy
it was cold and rainy but fun trip
Rome, Florence, Pisa, Bologna, Gardaland, Venice
lot of tourists, nice to see they use dslr a lot
I made mostly pano but I don't have the patience to assemble them
most with distagon 25 in hyperfocal

even police cars are sexy

you probably can't view the invisible man but can you spot the trick

long soccer tradition

classical tourist shot

I find a selfportrait in a shop

big guns was there

sorry no blue sky

they come from far away for pizza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice series; I like the self portrait Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results for bad weather! I always say that Zeiss lenses are perfect to rescue bad weather situation, as they give back a ively result even in flat looking environments.
I like the invisible man, the Pisa one, and the take away pizza service for seagulls! Laughing

Did you know that in the last 10 years, the tower of Pisa has straightened of 28 millimeters without man's action? During the 90s, the tower was straightened of 50 centimeters but that was because of man action (they did create a complex system of microchannels and counterweights). At the beginning of this century, the counterweights were removed and the microchannels filled, and replaced with a net of sensors able to detect even the smallest movement. But the tower kept straightening itself on it's own. The straightening movement is slowing down though and it should stop in a few years. So the tower will remaing slanted, but safe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always enjoy tourist style shots, these are very nice, especially the Leaning Tower and statue in foreground. In the 'normal' shots of the Tower, it appears to be all alone in the middle of open space. This is a nice counter shot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics, Poilu !

Really like the "film like" OOF in first pic...

In the shot with the huge "sigma zoom" lens guy was he trying to read/identify the distagon ? Is he shot when his spelling the "a" in distagon Laughing Laughing

Also it's no difficult to realize where the pics where taken.. even the seagulls are eating Pizza Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series!

I like the Soccer Lion and gondolas best.

Markku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks friends for nice comments!

spot wrote:
I like the self portrait

thanks! btw, I corrected the distortion by software as I don't have Orio biogon Crying or Very sad

Orio wrote:
they did create a complex system of microchannels and counterweights

impressive high tech

Greg wrote:
In the 'normal' shots of the Tower, it appears to be all alone in the middle of open space

I tried make it appear straight framing it from the slanting direction

Keysersoze27 wrote:
Is he shot when his spelling the "a" in distagon

I guess so, or was he say "what are you looking, little prick" Rolling Eyes