Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor 16/2.8 on an a850
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Rokkor 16/2.8 on an a850 Reply with quote

Rokkor 16/2.8 on my a850 using an adapter. I can't bring myself to modify this lens to be "a" mount forever, so I use an adapter. This was wide open at 2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Can we see them in a bit bigger size?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which adaptor did you use? I'm interested to find out Smile.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see if I can get a larger size up. With the Holidays it may be a bit.

The adapter is a common MD/MA one found on Ebay. It's with glass. Mine is an older production, sold under the Alibinar (sp) name. Probably produced in the late 80's.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upload here with built in image upload function , it will be resized to 1024px , but if readers click on it genuine size will come. Around 1600px wide upload will be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures look good - atleast at that size and considering you used a glass adapter. Do you plan on using film in the future? If not, the lens serves little purpose with its current mount. So you either compromise the mount or compromise your pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
If not, the lens serves little purpose with its current mount.

I wouldn't say that... It's fun to use with the adapter. If I was pixel peeping then I'd go get an AF 16mm. For what I do it's fine. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned one of these lenses in the MC mount, and thought it was a great lens. That was back in my camera dealer days. While I had it, I also had an SRT101 and ran at least one roll of film through that camera just to try out the lens. It was a blast.

I have some images I took with it scanned in, but they're on another computer. When I get to it later, I'll have a look and post a couple.