Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Micro Four thirds to ...different... Adapters - need info...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Micro Four thirds to ...different... Adapters - need info... Reply with quote

I need a favour about some adapters... will like a precise measurments (with Caliper at decimals) from "base to base plates" of those:

- Micro Four thirds _to_ M42
- Micro Four thirds _to_ C-mount
- Micro Four thirds _to_ Pentax PK
- Micro Four thirds _to_ Arri Standard
- Micro Four thirds _to_ Arri PL
- Micro Four thirds _to_ Konica
- and even all the rest... Smile

On the photo below, I don't know if it's better the "orange" or "green" measurement, I don't yet have a micro 4/3 camera in hand to check (I'm waiting a GH1 to arrive... Very Happy)

Maybe, when I've the M42 one, I can calculate the others... but anyway I want to be sure of some, and check before spend money and make some experiments... ...regarding home made easy machining cheaper adapters for saving money... I will come back with samples and istructions.

Thanks for understanding my english.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure...last column

(removed)

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One doesn't need a caliper for that kind of measurements.
Better use a micrometer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot KDS, Good list Surprised
....do you know if every camera/lens mount it fits and lay on the "orange or green" plane?
Anyway, to be sure of this, can someone please give me both "orange and green" measurment of an M42 adapter (or any other is fine)

I know Micrometer is better, but I say Caliper because it's more common... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't get it or don't trust these values, I guess someone else would be a better "teacher"...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
If you don't get it or don't trust these values, I guess someone else would be a better "teacher"...

come on, don't be so sensitive, dude just wants to have more information

bring back that screenshot with measurements, there are more of us interested in them

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "really appreciate" that tone, especially that "bring back" command tone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
kds315* wrote:

bring back that screenshot with measurements, there are more of us interested in them

errrr, yes.....

Was I alone in not being the only person confused as to whether the chart referred to the orange or yellow dimensions in Zupremous' post ? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
I "really appreciate" that tone, especially that "bring back" command tone.

well it was a try to be friendly, no need to be so touchy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Was I alone in not being the only person confused as to whether the chart referred to the orange or yellow dimensions in Zupremous' post ?

the easiest way is to measure the orange and green dimensions and find which one is 25.88mm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the chart has gone.....perhaps never to return ?

And for those of us who don't as yet have a 4/3 camera or the right adaptor(s) for out lenses that looked as though it might have been useful, I don't imagine I was along in bookmarking that for future reference.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
WolverineX wrote:
kds315* wrote:

errrr, yes.....

Was I alone in not being the only person confused as to whether the chart referred to the orange or yellow dimensions in Zupremous' post ? Confused

HEY HEY HEY please
don't need to be mad for what reason? Rolling Eyes

KDS, this values are perfect and fantasticly important, I didn't say anything contrary ....was only a new question on asking on what plate will lay the adapter..........................................maybe problem is my english, sorry then

poilu wrote:
the easiest way is to measure the orange and green dimensions and find which one is 25.88mm

Thanks, this exactly what I mean, only a simple measurment of any micor 4/3 to ..... adapter, then checking the chart and understand,
easy no? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much, I have saved the chart because I will soon need that kind of information. Very Happy

And I wasn't mad at anyone ! Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No dimensions, but is this any help to you?

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=954

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
thank you so much, I have saved the chart because I will soon need that kind of information. Very Happy

And I wasn't mad at anyone ! Cool

....no problem Smile

peterqd wrote:
No dimensions, but is this any help to you?

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=954

Thanks, good samples, not was I looking for....

I've find it Smile Smile Smile

The Green line points the step I meant,
I was only in doubt about that "orange mount step/angle" if was fitting and lay inside (like it is) or out of the "Light blue mount" Arrow

Anyway if somebody can post the 2 dimensions I was asking for, will confirm at 200%

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/View?docid=dx428wg_10fdvsmtd7

There might be some useful information here, if you haven't already seen it.