Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi there,

A friend of mine gave a Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 85-205mm F/3.5 Model PZ-60Au zoom lens in good condition. It came with a “C-AF” Adapt-A-Matic mount.

In www.adaptall-2.org web page there is an old Tamron Product Brochure that specifies that this mount it’s for using Tamron lenses on Canon FP, FT, FX and Pellix cameras.

I would like to use this zoom lens on a Canon 7D.

My questions are:

-Would a modern FD to EOS Canon lens adapter work for this lens on the 7D?

If the answer is NO:

-Could I find a “N-IF” Adapt-A-Matic mount, for using Tamron lenses on Nikon cameras (if that is possible), to replace the “C-AF” mount on the lens and use it with a regular Nikon to EOS lens mount adapters on the 7D?

Many thanks for your time,

José

PS. How do I insert an image on this post?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

jose pantin wrote:
Hi there,

A friend of mine gave a Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 85-205mm F/3.5 Model PZ-60Au zoom lens in good condition. It came with a “C-AF” Adapt-A-Matic mount.

In www.adaptall-2.org web page there is an old Tamron Product Brochure that specifies that this mount it’s for using Tamron lenses on Canon FP, FT, FX and Pellix cameras.

I would like to use this zoom lens on a Canon 7D.

My questions are:

-Would a modern FD to EOS Canon lens adapter work for this lens on the 7D?

If the answer is NO:

-Could I find a “N-IF” Adapt-A-Matic mount, for using Tamron lenses on Nikon cameras (if that is possible), to replace the “C-AF” mount on the lens and use it with a regular Nikon to EOS lens mount adapters on the 7D?

Many thanks for your time,

José

PS. How do I insert an image on this post?

Hi Jose. You can't insert images when it's your first post. It's an anti-spam thing. 2nd post on you should be OK.

AFAIK you cannot get adaptamatic-EOS adapters, but you can get adaptamatic to M42 (a.k.a. P-CS) and then use a straight M42 - EOS adapter. You could also go the Nikon route as you suggest, but anything Nikon seems to be a lot more expensive Smile An FD - EOS adapter would also work, but this has optics in the way, whereas the M42 or Nikon would be straight through with no extra glass.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi Martyn,

Many thanks for your prompt and accurate reply. You’re right. I don’t want to add any other glass to this lens.

So the matters sums up to finding another Adaptamatic mount, either for Pentax or for Nikon (I already have Nikon to EOS adapters). Not that easy.

As a matter of fact, do you know if I would be able to focus on infinity with two adapters on?

Even if I couldn’t, having seen such good pictures taken with Tamron lenses on this post, I would still like to use it.

Thanks again,

José

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best and least common Adaptamatic zoom I think.

The M42 advice is very good.

You should not have an infinity problem if both your adapters are correctly made. The M42 on the Adaptamatic should give infinity on a real M42 camera, and the EOS-M42 should give the same back focus spacing as a real M42 camera.

If you absolutely cannot find a spare M42 Adaptamatic mount, you can look for another cheap Adaptamatic lens with M42 mount. The 135, 28 and 70-220 are very common.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

Hello Luis,

Now I know, for sure, that it's worth my while to make the effort to put this zoom back to work.

Many thanks,

José

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: The Giants to the World Series Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

The Giants, with Pablo Sandoval, to the World Series!!!

Congratulations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife is happy, and even my daughter saw the game.
Amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

Hello,

I found this lens adapter:
NIKON F (NAI) TAMRON AdaptaMatic MOUNT,
for 39,15 USD + Shipping

How does it sound? It´s funny, you can find telephotos for that price...

Many thanks,

José

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great you found this! I was just looking through the Adaptamatic section of the adaptall site last night wondering if anyone was still finding/using these adaptamatic lenses. I look forward to test images! And some images of the lens, these adaptall-2 site images just aren't enough! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: DIY How to ??? Reply with quote

HiJose,
just got one of those Adapt-A-Matics last week to.
Since I am using Minolta/Sony AF cameras as main "source" of photos, I want some sort of ekstra adapter.
1. The easy way must be to remove some part from my own adapter, and
make it fit.
2. Or find another adapter use the treaded ring, and make some part my
self and use a Sony flange
3. Buy a flange to a sony and make the rest myself.

1. looka almost impossible to make an ireversible version of my SR-t
adapter, so to next..
2. Wow so few hits on Google, and ebay prices are to high to make it funny.
3. OK. This looks af a new projekt, because of the above. Tread is 58mm, but without disasembling a lot, it is not possible for me to measure the pitch of the tread, because you then need to measure on at least 2 rows of the tread. If you take a 58mm filter ring, you can srew it on the lens. Only one turn, so I thought it was wrong pitch. BUT the adapter can only make one turn on the tread too. That means it can be right pitch or a wrong one.
I am looking for a 58mm ring to M42 adapter, an then make a distance ring to put between it and a ordinary M¤" to Sony adapter.
The best solution would be to buy a Nikon adapter because the treaded ring is a seperate part. This means you in a better way can make a part to put between the lens and a modified camera adapter

I am missing seperate forum parts for M42, Adaptall, Adapt-A-Matic and a Special DIY section. If there was a fact page with what to do when converting lenses, much time could be saved searching for a solution. AND saving lenses knowing what NOT to do.

Flemming

PS there is another posibility I did'nt consider: Buy a Minolta MC/MD to Minolta/Sony adapter, and put it on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just popped up on eBay, thought you all might find interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMRON-AUTO-ZOOM-80-250mm-TOPCON-EXAKTAwCASE-BOX-/370450218772?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item56408dbf14

Love that it still has the box!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find an Adaptamatic mount to fit your camera, or a Nikon or M42 mount that can be easily adapted....

Adaptamatic thread is 58x.75

A 49-58 or 52-58 Step-up ring fits.

If you have a reverse adapter (male 49mm or 52mm (usually) on one side, camera mount on the other), just screw that in and there you are.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 85-205mm F/3.5 Reply with quote

I had a NIKON F (NAI) TAMRON AdaptaMatic MOUNT ship from the UK to FL and from there to Caracas to be able to use this zoom lens with a Canon 7D with the help of a Nikon to EOS adaptor.

The infinity focus setting mark is away past real infinity and the closest focusing distance is quite big.

This picture is a 1056 X 752 crop of a 5184 X 3456 full tele image. With a touch of Photoshop sharpen filter. I think I have to lower the contrast in the Picture Style when taking the picture, although I push it up a bit later in PS.

You can notice a double image in the somehow over exposed background branches.

These are very common birds right at my apartment window.

All the best

PS. I don't know why I don't get notice when a reply is posted