Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMC Tokina 28mm 2.8 on the E-P1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: RMC Tokina 28mm 2.8 on the E-P1 Reply with quote

Seems to match very well with the E-P1.

Surprising lens, quite sharp and nice colouring.

And some samples:

A building-zize poster:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 100% crop of the last one, middle of the picture:

I have to exploit more this lens...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

Regards.
Jes.

YES ! Smile
Very good results, Jes.

I saw a review of the Pen E-P3 and these Olympus Pen seems very enjoyable. The E-P3 seems to give very good IQ.

Do you find the E-P1 good for high isos ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Tokina is the same lens as my Hoya HMC 2.8/28, looks very similar and the pictures are very similarly rendered.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Jesito wrote:

Regards.
Jes.

YES ! Smile
Very good results, Jes.

I saw a review of the Pen E-P3 and these Olympus Pen seems very enjoyable. The E-P3 seems to give very good IQ.

Do you find the E-P1 good for high isos ?

Not as good as the Sony ones, but to me are useable upto 800. Over this better converting the pictures to B&W.
I barely use ISOs above 400, except on the NEX that I go up to 3200.
I like the E-P1 even if it's not the top of the line. It's solid, and the ergonomy it has fits my style. The only "problem" is the 2x crop factor...

But I love the colouring and the rendering. Olympus has never disappointed me. I still keep the C5050z, the E-330 and a lot of film cameras.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I think that Tokina is the same lens as my Hoya HMC 2.8/28, looks very similar and the pictures are very similarly rendered.

It might well be, could you please post pictures of it?.
Thanks!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah another good 28mm.
looks very good on the silver Pen.

Don't tempt me - there is one for sale here in MD mount for 20 Eur Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples.

I have one of these (M42 mount) that I picked up for $11 (Hoya UV filter inccluded) that I just love!

I agree about the sharpness, even from wide open, and the colour, and I really like the close focusing capabilities as well.

I was never a wide angle shooter and only bought this on a whim because it was so cheap, but I find it's becoming my 'go to' lens for almost every application except close up portraits.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

It might well be, could you please post pictures of it?.
Thanks!.

Jes.

I will do so tomorrow when there is some daylight. I often wondered who made Hoya lenses, Tokina would seem a likely candidate to have made at least some of them.

In the meatime, some samples from my Hoya:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples!.

You're right: similar rendering...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Ah another good 28mm.
looks very good on the silver Pen.

Don't tempt me - there is one for sale here in MD mount for 20 Eur Wink

Don't hesitate!. Go for it!. Wink
In the past MD mount was a problem, but since the EVIL cams went out, has turned to be an opportunity. I see the same lenses much more expensive when they have M42 mount than MD.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartcat wrote:
Nice samples.

I have one of these (M42 mount) that I picked up for $11 (Hoya UV filter inccluded) that I just love!

I agree about the sharpness, even from wide open, and the colour, and I really like the close focusing capabilities as well.

I was never a wide angle shooter and only bought this on a whim because it was so cheap, but I find it's becoming my 'go to' lens for almost every application except close up portraits.

Enjoy!

You did a good deal!.
Same happens to me. I never liked the shorter focals, anyway this is a 56mm (close to standard) equivalent lens on the E-P1, so has become my "always on" lens.

Regards.
Jes.