Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sydney Botanical gardens Biotar 2/58 +Pentax K200D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Sydney Botanical gardens Biotar 2/58 +Pentax K200D Reply with quote

From my recent trip to Sydney...you must visit the gardens...near Woolloomooloo,Opera house and Bridge all walking distances...on the harbour at farm cove.Take plenty of water and good shoes...I only walked through on a very humid day.I can say in the ferns and the under the Tree canopy it is refreshingly cool.Orio I did ask about the canon ball tree it would only be found in the tropics not this far down south so no pics from me.
#1 Woolloomooloo

#2 The main gates...there are a few gates from which you can enter from.

#7 An internal gate...not sure where it went.

#9 In the fernary

#15 Tropical glass house

#16 Sorry to say I did not find out what this building was!

#18 A view from the rose garden

#19 Herb Garden area

#23 Escaping into the city

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added two more

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reality!! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice visit of Sydney, beautiful garden for promenade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there too Mo, as you say, a lovely quiet place away from the bustle. I was struck by those beautiful and gigantic fig trees. Did you see the fruit bats? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I saw the fruit bats...they were hanging around Very Happy You need a few days I think to really enjoy these gardens and preferably not on a humid day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Escaping into the city"

That's great!
Like fingers crying for help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great serie with beautiful colors (and nice lens as wel)...
My fav is the #23 "Escaping into the city", great shot with very pleasant bokeh ......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, Mo, maybe someday I will visit there...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mo - I spent a most enjoyable and relaxing afternoon there a few years ago and this series brought it all back.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Thanks Mo - I spent a most enjoyable and relaxing afternoon there a few years ago and this series brought it all back.
patrickh

Is there a place in the world where you haven't been, Patrick? Shocked Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a great trip this must have been! and what a lovely lens the biotar is, very impressive. i really like what youre doing with this combo mo.
tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Moira I will thank you very much for a wonderful tour of the Gardens! I actually spent a pleasant hour loading all the images, ohh-ing ahh-ing, and wow-ing. A fine oasis. A few days? I could easily spend a year or more in there watching it unfold in all the glory!

One's heart must be pure to enter between the Lions unscathed!

I laughed out loud on seeing the peacock in "A view from the rose garden". Laughing

Including the people was real nice touch to reveal the scale, huge growth!

(that glass house is worrisome for me. Pyramid shapes made of some materials can accumulate DOR, deadly orgonic radiation, that's why they are properly built of stone or some very very pure metals such as gold or silver. For more info on DOR, refer to work of Wilhelm Reich and Pyramid Power and Patrick Flanagan.)

"Escaping into the city" title is so profoundly apt -- biodiversity locked into a walled prison like that. At least these oasis may help regenerate the surrounding landscape someday!

"Biotar" seems to be the perfect lens for imaging biodiversity (when used by right person)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice virtual trip Smile. Beautiful colors and compositions.

Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Orio

I have had a lot of time to make these trips most of which were job related! Now I just hang around in the Pacific Northwest where my ship came to rest.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh