Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei QBM (SL) to EOS adapter question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Rollei QBM (SL) to EOS adapter question Reply with quote

Hello all,

I own a Singapore-made Rollei Planar 50mm f1.8 lens that I enjoyed on my Olympus E-P1.

However, i decided to sell it and a friend of mine is interested. He owns a Canon EOS dslr camera and I am looking for an adapter.

I came up with this one -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rollei-SL35-Lens-Adapter-Canon-EOS-550D-7D-5D-II-50D-/370444061707?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item56402fcc0b and it says that it is incompatible with the 50mm f1.8.

Why is that? While it is compatible with :
Rollei 85 F1.4;
Rollei 50 F1.4;
Rollei 35 F1.4;
Rollei 35 F2.8;

what is so different with the 50mm f1.8? Is there someting peculiar with the mount of the specific lens?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the search function here, you will find lots of information about this adapter.
I use a "normal" QBM-EOS-adapter in my Rollei Planar 1.8/50 without problems. But I, of course, cannot promise that this will work with every copy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollei QBM (SL) to EOS adapter question Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:
Hello all,

I own a Singapore-made Rollei Planar 50mm f1.8 lens that I enjoyed on my Olympus E-P1.

However, i decided to sell it and a friend of mine is interested. He owns a Canon EOS dslr camera and I am looking for an adapter.

I came up with this one -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rollei-SL35-Lens-Adapter-Canon-EOS-550D-7D-5D-II-50D-/370444061707?pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item56402fcc0b and it says that it is incompatible with the 50mm f1.8.

Why is that? While it is compatible with :
Rollei 85 F1.4;
Rollei 50 F1.4;
Rollei 35 F1.4;
Rollei 35 F2.8;

what is so different with the 50mm f1.8? Is there someting peculiar with the mount of the specific lens?

The 50mm f1.8 is compatible with this adapter alright .

The problem is that the 50mm f1.8 is not compatible with FF SLRs like 5D&5DII as it hits on the mirror.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both, you've been very helpful.

He doesn't own a FF Canon so there will be no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsmlogger wrote:
Thank you both, you've been very helpful.

He doesn't own a FF Canon so there will be no problem.

To make it clear.

It is not a problem of "FF Canon bodies", it is a problem of 5D and perhaps 5DMkII. Many of the lenses hitting the mirror there I can use with 1DsMkIII (a FF Canon body too) without any problem.

Wink