Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

This is what I pair with my manual lenses for nearly all my work. While there's a big gap between 50mm and 135mm (where my widest manual is), the 17-50 still has enough range for some things that I wouldn't otherwise get. This is some recent + not so recent stuff in order of newest to oldest.

Recent sunrise:

Stars and a car streak:

Shortly after sunset:

Foggy Prague sunrise:

Moonrise over Prague:

Small Perseid meteor:

Early morning Charles Bridge in Prague:

Last edited by dave_t on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite things, dawn/sunset shots. The meteor trail shot is my favorite in this batch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: tamron 17-50 f/2.8mm Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:

Stars and a car streak:

And terrible LP (light pollution). Sad

Nice pics, thx for sharing! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots! I'm considering this lens too, because ultra-wide lenses are quite expensive and this one is supposed to be almost on par with primes when it comes to sharpness and distortions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all , but my favorite is the one on the bridge .
It is a good lens at a fair price .
I debated myself also about buying this lens but ended by taking the 17-35mm wich is a very good lens also cheaper ,not as long as the 17-50 but FF (film)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: tamron 17-50 f/2.8mm Reply with quote

symphonic wrote:
dave_t wrote:

Stars and a car streak:

And terrible LP (light pollution). Sad

Nice pics, thx for sharing! Wink

Indeed, lots of LP in the Czech Republic, but I actually like what it adds most of the time.