Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 alu - vintage!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2 alu - vintage!!! Reply with quote

I think I've finally found the lens that gives photos the vintage look I'm after Very Happy Lack of contrast, vignetting...love it!

Looks like this one:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enjoy the winter time....the lens feels like home in the snow Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!! I saw this lens only on pictures! Great find!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens gifted to me by our old friend Poohall and also an ealier one that is a 5cm lens which I got on a Zenit C.

Vignetting is obvious, as is the contrast, but mine seem quite a bit sharper. Look out for another copy if you like it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the middle photo has a touch of camera shake to be honest. Here's a crop of the last one, looks OK for f3.5 to me Smile

I've got two of these and find them much worse than the black M42 copies. But then I really like the vintage look Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I think the middle photo has a touch of camera shake to be honest.

Withdrawal symptoms? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and where did you get all that snow from? You're not that far from me and we had next to nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
I think the middle photo has a touch of camera shake to be honest.

Withdrawal symptoms? Laughing

Ha! Photo withdrawl symptoms perhaps, I really haven't shot a lot recently!!

As for the snow, it came Wednesday night by the bucket load! I spent 45 minutes gritting my car park only for it to be covered by 5" snow in a couple of hours Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. My experience is very different. I have two black ones and they're very sharp and have great color rendering. They also work great with extension tubes. Are you sure the glass is clean?

Here's a shot where I used extension tubes and because the lens is so small, I could also use the builtin flash:

What is the year of production? Mine are from '72 and '80.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurentiu Cristofor wrote:
Interesting. My experience is very different. I have two black ones and they're very sharp and have great color rendering. They also work great with extension tubes. Are you sure the glass is clean?

Here's a shot where I used extension tubes and because the lens is so small, I could also use the builtin flash:

What is the year of production? Mine are from '72 and '80.

Difference I think quality control they were cheap lenses always and on this price level no matter some copies are good or bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Difference I think quality control they were cheap lenses always and on this price level no matter some copies are good or bad.

I don't think it's quality control. These are old lenses - it's more likely that they suffered some damage than that they were badly produced. And I think that these lenses were all made by KMZ, which is a military factory, so their standards would be higher than usual.

Also, looking at the lens photo I realized that the silver ones are Industar-50, not Industar-50-2, like the ones I have. But still, I don't expect the original design to be this bad.

Here's some more information on these lenses (needs to be passed through a translator): http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/lenses/industar-50.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never black Industar-50-2 for M42 mount have better coatings.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My black 50-2 lenses all perform much better than the two m39 silver ones I have. Both are short on coating, it's fair to say. Remember these shots are wide open at d300s.5 too Smile