Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Few Pics with the Viv 85-205 Pre-Set T Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: A Few Pics with the Viv 85-205 Pre-Set T Mount Reply with quote

The Sun finally broke through at Sunset so I could shoot a few with it. Not too bad I'd say. I had to boost the ISO to 1600 so the exposure would be good. A little noise there but I like them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE colors !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
NICE colors !

I agree but not as sharp as they would be if shot in better light. It is very smooth setting the focus and stopping down the aperture. Very firm detents for the f/sops and half stops. not able to see the bokeh but that is coming. All in all I am pleased with it so far.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the colours as well BD..looks like a lovely lens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I like the colours as well BD..looks like a lovely lens.

Thanks Moira. It is a very rare one too from my experience.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
It is a very rare one too from my experience.

The only other pre-set counterpart of a typically common Kiron-made lens that I'm aware of is the 28mm f/2.5. This one also seems to be quite rare in comparison to its 'auto' counterpart.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

The only other pre-set counterpart of a typically common Kiron-made lens that I'm aware of is the 28mm f/2.5. This one also seems to be quite rare in comparison to its 'auto' counterpart.

Thanks Andrew. Good info and something to keep in mind as I browse the auction sites.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Andrew G. wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

Thanks Andrew. Good info and something to keep in mind as I browse the auction sites.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Andrew G. wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

Awesome Andrew. That one is now near the top of my must find list. Most of the time Vivitar had the different style of lens made in sets. Usually 28mm, 35mm, 135mm, 200mm, and sometimes a Zoom or two. Makes me keep looking as I find these unusual old Viv's.