Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dale Chihuly art glass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Dale Chihuly art glass Reply with quote

Using my AF Tamron 18-200 for the first time, I visited the Frederik Meijer Gardens in October during an exhibition of fantastic art glass by artist Dale Chihuly. The weather was superb that day, and the exhibits were just amazing.

And much more to be seen:
9 Bronze DaVinci horse

10 Beautiful orchids

11 Interesting sculptures

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea to show these.... that glass is stunning especially the blue #2 and 4,5,6 How would he have blown or made #4?Is it as big as it looks?
What an interesting place to visit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Moira.
It was indeed a very pleasant day and visit. The Chihuly glass was a real treat to see up close and in person.

The piece in #4 is probably not as large as you might think.
I would say it is no more than 18 inches in diameter and around 8 to 10 inches tall.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 for me - intriguing colors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much, Greg. I liked that display a lot, as well.
Here's another look at the display, showing all of it:

Notice the Cobalt blue glass in the far background, as well as the silver and black pieces in the middle background, on the right.

Chihuly's work is very impressive, running the gamut from totally bizarre to fully organic. This last shot represents what I see as a fully organic display.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They certainly look like they are growing or at least living in the plants(is it Lavender?)...amazing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be a bed of Lavender, though my knowledge of such is minimal, so I can not say for certain.