Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another New One. Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 TX Jewel!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Another New One. Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 TX Jewel!! Reply with quote

Very very good condition and as with almost all 135mm lens it is a sharp one. Got it for $3.75 US and $7.99 US shipping. A very great bargain. As a T4 it is of course made by Tokina for Vivitar and they did a masterful job with this one. Comes with a built in lens hood to help with the flair and very little CA for a lens of this time period. (early 70's). Came with a CS T4 to M42 adapter. The CS adapter has a pin to stop down the aperture allowing a quick manual stop down. Just set the aperture, then focus with the aperture wide open and then push the pin to stop the aperture down to the setting chosen. Works great and I highly recommend one for the T4 shooters out there. Anyway...Here it is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness you got that cheap. Pic quality looks good as well as the lens.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a tad overexposed on those test shots? I just discovered that I have that lens. I bought it just for the M42 mount. Saw a small spot of fungus, so put it aside and have never used. If anyone would like to have it, let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably far less common than the f2.8 version! Looks like a fine performer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks excellent - the CS mount is wonderful - you can also use a thick rubber band or hair scrunchie to hold the pin down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revers wrote:
My goodness you got that cheap. Pic quality looks good as well as the lens.

Thanks Ron. With only 10 minutes left, nobody had bid on it so I bid 5 dollars. won it for 3.75.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Are you a tad overexposed on those test shots? I just discovered that I have that lens. I bought it just for the M42 mount. Saw a small spot of fungus, so put it aside and have never used. If anyone would like to have it, let me know.

Histogram says yes.

I've got one. Another is finishing on Ebay as I type for $.99.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casualcollector wrote:
Probably far less common than the f2.8 version! Looks like a fine performer.

Less common but still out there. As sharp or sharper than my 135mm f/2.8 T4 and cost less. Just a tad slower.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Looks excellent - the CS mount is wonderful - you can also use a thick rubber band or hair scrunchie to hold the pin down.

Yep...done that too. Much easier than removing the spring on a normal T4 mount.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BD you are on fire at the moment with your buying spree Very Happy Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
BD you are on fire at the moment with your buying spree Very Happy Cool

The wife is allowing it since I'm working 10-12 hour days and seven days a week.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a small $1 bid on the one that went on eBay earlier tonight...It went for $1.25, I got sniped, oh well, I have plenty of other lenses anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I had a small $1 bid on the one that went on eBay earlier tonight...It went for $1.25, I got sniped, oh well, I have plenty of other lenses anyway...

Never less than a 5 dollar bid my friend and then the snipers may still get you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wife would kill me for posting a close up pic like that! Shocked

Anyway, I got one of these and have had mixed results...(on Canon eos)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blossombone wrote:
my wife would kill me for posting a close up pic like that! Shocked

Anyway, I got one of these and have had mixed results...(on Canon eos)

She doesn't mind me doing that at all. Just won't pose for me...all candid with her.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I saw that nice lens in M42, rebranded as mamiya/sekor, TL/DTL version.

Congratulations, very sharp lens!!

Rino.