Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In Essendon churchyard
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: In Essendon churchyard Reply with quote

This was taken in Essendon churchyard, Hertfordshire UK using a Pentax KM and Kodachrome 64. I am embarrassed to say I do not remember which lens! Embarassed Possibly my SMC-M 100 f/2.8?

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stunning picture! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture.

I found an old family plot on a West Virginia hilltop. One grave had a similar situation, the original cross was rotted at the base. The family had since sealed it inside a large size glass building block. The picture I took is somewhere around here. You never quite know what you may find in a graveyard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!
But I have the feeling this should be in B/W.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of people have suggested BW would be better so I have converted the image in Lightroom. Personally, despite being a BIG monochrome fan, I prefer the colour image.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, the colour version of this picture is better for me too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
I agree with you, the colour version of this picture is better for me too.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blende8 wrote:
Very well done!
But I have the feeling this should be in B/W.

+1 Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either works for me. If autumn is a critical part of the photo story, then color is best. If not, then black and white, and the cross is the absolute focal point.