Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Would you trade?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Would you trade? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've a Nikon D200 and was always longing for the D1x again, which I had.

Now I've got an offer to trade my D200 for a D1h in mint condition. This would mean the superb body of the D1x, with the speed of the D200, a bigger viewfinder and better noise handling.

On the down side, I don't know if 2.7MP is enough for me today, I would have to change all my four CF cards, because they are bigger than 2GB and the Display is just awefull!

He would give me 250€ on top of the D1h in exchange! I would have to buy some new batteries and some CF cards, which means around 200€ plus!

What would you do?

I don't print my pictures right know but I think about doing this!

The D200 has the ability to input Exif Data for my manual lenses, which is really handsome and as far as I know there is no way to do this on the D1H!

I don't know!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn`t.
2.7 MP would be too small for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it you desire? The larger form factor of the "PRO" grade camera?
I don't like big cameras and would never go to a large form factor for anything less than the best IQ.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't.
Too much changes and 2.7MP is clearly not enough.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not hesitate to swap a D200 for a D1x - but hardly for a D1h, as that is a downgrade for just about every purpose, except rapid action...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a D2H and I am perfectly happy with it. But IMO D200 is way better than D1h or D2H, except for handling. I would not trade if I were you, unless it is a D2x!

When you have a big camera, people knows you mean business and look the part. For street photos a small cameras is better. But for any other events, a bigger body is better IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don't do it!
The D1x are not that expensive any more. So you might find one for a reasonable price on €BAY if you really want one...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. 2.7mp is just too small. With a greater mp count, it's possible to crop an image and still have some size left. With 2.7mp, this is virtually impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would I do? I'd trade for most other makes of DSLR if I wanted to use a lot of MF lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't !
But ,
martinsmith99
"What would I do? I'd trade for most other makes of DSLR if I wanted to use a lot of MF lenses"

Absolutely agree! Nikon system is too closed for the MFL .Unless you're Nikonist by soul....
I'd go with a FF mirrorless stabilised body with less than 42mm register Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for all the replies!

I think I won't do it either! I loved my D1x and watched at my photos with the D1 and there is just not enough detail in them!

I#m perfectly happy with Nikon for MF lenses and switched back to Nikon from my Samsung GX20 without hesitation!

I love the pro bodies as I have large hands but the 2.7Mp are just not worth it!

Cheers folks! You helped me a big deal!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He offers me his D2h now for a straight change against my D200!

What do you think? I'm readin' to much reviews right now! I don't know! It has great high ISO and more resolution than the D1h but less than the D200!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't either.
4.1 MPixels only and I read that it has not a great high isos noise management.

Last edited by Olivier on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly my problem! I have some pictures from the guy who would trade it! They look good at ISO 1600 and 3200 except for some greenish standard colors!

What's worrying is a light blue cast on the left side of the image at ISO 6400. Is this because it's ISo 6400, which is already pushed on the D2h or is it something I should worry about in terms of sensor failing?

The D2h has 68000 cycles and it would be a clean trade for my D200.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it looks like at ISO 3200

And this is my D200 at ISO 3200 this morning! Both from NEFs without any pp! The D200 was just downsizes 50%! And it still looks worse!