Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stereoscope Carl Zeiss Jena
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Stereoscope Carl Zeiss Jena Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, and looks like a very neat example. I see some other interesting CZJ stuff on on eBay like builders' levels.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really cool-looking piece of equipment Smile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fine looking example. This or very similar model was always my stereoscope of choice when spending long hours studying aerial photos.
cheers
bb2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachboy2 wrote:
A fine looking example. This or very similar model was always my stereoscope of choice when spending long hours studying aerial photos.
cheers
bb2

Can you teach me shortly , why did you use this tool ? I don't have any clue about this instrument Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
beachboy2 wrote:
cheers
bb2

Can you teach me shortly , why did you use this tool ? I don't have any clue about this instrument Embarassed

I just want to ask you Attila, but I'm surprised you don't have any clue about this instrument Very Happy

aerial photos, ...hmmm is it related to geography? maps?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Attila wrote:
beachboy2 wrote:
cheers
bb2

I just want to ask you Attila, but I'm surprised you don't have any clue about this instrument Very Happy

aerial photos, ...hmmm is it related to geography? maps?

Smile I have no clue from many things in photography Laughing including this one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put two photos like the first photo, look them at the same time
using left and right eyes which see slightly different angle photos of
the same place or scene. Your brain constructs 3D image by doing this,
normally you see 3D aerial scene. Though it gives you 3D image,
that's all. In order to make map from two images, you have to use
much more expensive elaborate machine, called "stereo comparator"
which see "the hight" from these two images, you follow the same
hight by looking through the machine, and this machine draws contour
line(s) at which your eyes are focusing.

I used to work at the map making company, learnt these things. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Koji says above. Advantage of mirror stereoscope is that two photos can be layed out beneath the viewer with no overlap. Enables plastic overlays to be put on top of the photos and there is plenty of room to draw features onto the overlays while viewing the scene in 3D. The eyepieces mount in the holder which can be swivelled up out the way. Quality of the CZ is excellent so facilitates long periods of use. Alternate cheaper models usually gave eye strain after a short while. There are alternate pocket stereoscopes which are more convenient to use but the photos then overlap and are awkward to mark up with mapping details. If you are skilled you can see 3D without any viewer at all! Of course you don't have a magnified image to work with. I never used the parallax bar and don't remember how its suppose to work.
cheers
bb2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!!