Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lydith Meyer-Optik 30mm f3.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Lydith Meyer-Optik 30mm f3.5 M42 Reply with quote

I think my copy is not adjusted well for infinity I have to make an infinity test.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copies are both not that sharp and lack contrast - it is amazing what you show here!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed - mine is not good either, in spite of being a very clean copy it is less sharp and contrasty than my visibly fogged 35mm Flektogon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the same here, my copy is not very sharp at all and lack contrast too - so I think that you Attila seem to have gotten a very good copy! Or maybe I have not learnt that special secret trick of how to use this lens yet...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a really weird lens, sometimes it does what you want it to and sometimes it doesn't. The colours are pretty strange as well.

Click for 100%:

Edit: Forgot to mention this is the Pentacon version.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johanna wrote:
It is the same here, my copy is not very sharp at all and lack contrast too - so I think that you Attila seem to have gotten a very good copy! Or maybe I have not learnt that special secret trick of how to use this lens yet...

Usually I use them at F8 if I can, I was satisfied with all shoots taken with this lens except infinity shoots I think it can be sharper with more details.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it in exa mount
result

The main issue with this lens is weak agains strong light. Always flare.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA, maybe the coating is different between Pentacon and Meyer Lydith versions as I found the problem in strong light not to be flaring but a massive contrast loss.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yess You right William, massive contrast loss. is right words.
Hey I just know that you are orangehexagon Very Happy
I might have to write mine to...formerly death Very Happy