Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Drops II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Drops II Reply with quote

Today in local drugstore i bougt a medicine dripper, now it`s more easy to catch some moment Smile
Also i tried to add some other colors to waterdrop pictures.
Damned, it is so hard!! Very Happy Very Happy
But i have a patience for about 2-3 days Very Happy

Camera Canon 40D, Revuenon 50/1.4 and macro rings, Speedlite 430EX.

5 The very first touchdown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of your image sets are incredible! What sort of shutter speeds are you using? Presumably near the top. Have you seen this famous photo from 1957, Milk Drop Coronet by Harold Edgerton:
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/photography/magnify.php?imageid=im00231

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great shots. You have some serious patience and attention to detail.
I particularly like 1 & 2.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That second shot is now my wallpaper, gorgeous work!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
Both of your image sets are incredible! What sort of shutter speeds are you using? Presumably near the top. Have you seen this famous photo from 1957, Milk Drop Coronet by Harold Edgerton:
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/photography/magnify.php?imageid=im00231

Shutter speed is 1/250, but you can also use any speed under 1/250, in this case, exposure is determined only by flash. Smile
About Harolds picture - i have a very old american photo magazine, and this picture was published as winner in some competition. I think this is one of the first drop photos ever made Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I'm wondering about your lighting. Did you use off-camera flash? Any sort of special background to add the color? Also about your lens, were you using a macro lens, and if so, about what was your macro ratio?

While I like them all, I'd have to say that 2 and 4 are my favorites. The variety of splash patterns is interesting. Different velocities, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Very nice. I'm wondering about your lighting. Did you use off-camera flash? Any sort of special background to add the color? Also about your lens, were you using a macro lens, and if so, about what was your macro ratio?

While I like them all, I'd have to say that 2 and 4 are my favorites. The variety of splash patterns is interesting. Different velocities, perhaps?

Flash is connected to camera with off camera hot shoe, but now i am thinking to use 2 flashes with radio triggers. Flash works in manual mode with 1/32 or 1/64 power for shortest flash impulse. Bacground is simply two coloured papers 15x20cm in size, a little bit too small Smile i allready purchased larger sizes and more colors. Anyway distance from drop and bacground is too small -the border between both papers looks too sharp.. I have a large photo developing bath 60x90cm, it caries 20litres of water inside.. Very Happy
Lens is 50mm with 10-12mm ring, about macro ratio - no idea Very Happy