Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6x6 Yashica A samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: 6x6 Yashica A samples Reply with quote

Arista EDU 400 samples, developed by Bill (thanks), scanned by me on the Epson 4490, 16-bit/2400 dpi. Each shot is cropped; I have not yet made a well-composed frame-filling 6x6 square shot:

Acros 100 developed unevenly by me because I did not pour enough developer for the first 30 seconds; I cropped the right side to get rid of the dark bar, and did some other cropping:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very decent quality. I can't find anything wrong with the framing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Martin.
I cropped in order to get better framing/composition.
With 35mm I am almost always happy with my composition edge to edge in the 3:2 format. Square is still foreign. I think I need to shoot more 6x6.
I also discovered a few days ago that my CDS handheld meter was overexposing by a full stop because of a battery whose voltage is a little different than what the meter is supposed to use. I reckon that is why I have some blown highlights that could not be toned down much in PP.
I just double the ASA now to get proper readings for my FED and the Yashica.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good detail, fish. Did you play with contrast at all? Me, I would have bumped the contrast up a notch cuz some of the scenes seem to be just a bit hazy.

I think you'll get the hang of square framing after a while. I actually like it cuz often I'll see scenes where a square format works best for optimum placement of the subjects.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I added contrast in the Acros shots; not so much with the EDU400 shots ...