Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K-x
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Pentax K-x Reply with quote

I think I made the right choice with this camera. Add very good ISO performance to the shake reduction and you get a camera that's unbelievably better at handling dark environments than my 1000D was. ISO 3200 is about what I was used to ISO 400 being in terms of noise and I used to pretty much give up on photography mid way through dusk due to having an aversion to tripods. The colours and accuracy in brightness levels don't fall apart at high ISO either.

Sure I have given up on being able to use huge numbers of lenses but there's no shortage of fantastic M42s or K mount lenses, more than enough to keep me going for a long time. The following two pictures are both with the kit lens, ISO 3200 and 6400 respectively:

Honda Civic Type-R.

Uxbridge London Underground Depot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read many recommendations about the K-x.
And despite being a Canon shooter, I think you made the right decision.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a K-x and find it a great camera. As for your Nikkors, pre-AI lenses mount directly on the Pentax bayonet, later lenses need the aperture ring filed down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ludoo, although I wish I'd known this before as about an hour ago I went to the post office to ship off my beloved pre-AI 50 1.4. Plenty around though at least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a KX, waiting for it to arrive! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now trying to sell it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doh Shocked

well ive been trying to get ahold of the guy to get tracking info.. if he doesnt get back to me any time soon ima open a paypal dispute about it.
hopefully he pulls through, otherwise ill be hounding you XP