Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya/Sekor 200/3.5 ...my latest arrived this morning!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Mamiya/Sekor 200/3.5 ...my latest arrived this morning! Reply with quote

I finally got a 200mm in M42 mount...this lens is beautiful to look at and handle I have yet to seriously test its photographing abilities. Very Happy It was a unseen buy as the seller only showed the box...thankfully it was as described... like new and has all caps,hood,box and a pristine case! Here are a few rushed images...I will take some better ones later (ie take more time Very Happy )
Has anyone used one of these?

Last edited by mo on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice catch ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least quit good looking.
I only have the 55mm 1.4 in compairable styling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a quick snap from earlier...It looks promising,I have to wait until morning for a better play with this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya/sekor TL/DTL lens.

It seems to be made by Tokina (like almost all tele lenses if that line).

I have the 2,8/135 in the same style, and it´s a great lens. Sharp from wide aperture to F/11. Only con: use with shade.

We should hope that your lens is a really very good one. Yes, it´s something big and, perhaps, something heavy too. But I like it so much.

Please, don't forget to share the pics. Thanks.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few from early this morning...about an hour after dawn with a heavy cloud cover and occasional sun breaking through.I used a few different settings and ISO 200-400 and of course I did play with the WB(white Balance setting in camera).The rest of the day was nothing but rain.
I think I need a tripod test as they look good with colours and soft bokeh but when you zoom in there is no sharpness (On the image not looking through the lens).To my untrained eye.. Very Happy what do you think?

Last edited by mo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your preliminary shots there it certainly looks to be quite the performer. And from my limited experience with Tokina-made lenses, I have been nothing short of impressed. They really have done some great work. Plus, it's a great looking lens. Nice find!

Also, love the cat, what's his/her name?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats name is Mo... Very Happy I am named after my cat... Rolling Eyes
Yes I agree it is a very lovely lens and performer...when I have better light I will post some comparisons.
Do you think it is Tokina?.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. The 4th kill me.

It seems to be a really good lens. Low to not CA, good contrast and colors. Sharpness? Well, to be a handeld pics with so heavy lens, it's OK. We see with tripod.

For the next pics let us know the aperture that you use, please.

Thanks.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take my note pad Rino as My memory is shocking when it comes to remembering F stops when clicking away ( anything that you want me to do in particular? ) Embarassed Yes it is a heavy lens...but sits nicely on the K200D and in the hand...One negative that I have noticed is the aperture ring is in a bad position being right next to the tripod mount.. Sad BUT I can live with that.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I will take my note pad Rino as My memory is shocking when it comes to remembering F stops when clicking away ( anything that you want me to do in particular? ) Embarassed Yes it is a heavy lens...but sits nicely on the K200D and in the hand...One negative that I have noticed is the aperture ring is in a bad position being right next to the tripod mount.. Sad BUT I can live with that.. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing

Excuse me. Shot when and how you want , of course. I only give to you my opinion.

And the aperture is a good date to know how do the lens rendering at wide open, etc.

I like the lens. Congrats, Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one identical to yours! Surprised It is a beautiful lens, but heavy and bulk. Silk smooth focusing ring. Conglats!

Some photos taken - E-300 + 200mm f3.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Nice photos especially the cute duck and ducklings.Glad to see someone else has it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same lens labeled to Vivitar it was shockingly sharp at first time and Orio did ask me where is details ? Laughing so I sold it and bought instead Jupiter-21M , Takumar 200 ? Pentacon 200 etc.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_200mm_f3_5_tx/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila that is an interesting connection! except for the different coloured Aperture numbers...and exchangeable mount(TX) the same lens!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All tokina made lenses. Very good ones.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Rino here are some from today...the light still is not the best but I ran through all the F stops 3.5 to F22 but not the in between stops
This is with the tripod,The ISO set at 200 the WB is set to daylight and the speed of each when I hit the K200Ds green button is SP.This is with the lens 100metre setting .I hope there is no recording errors as it is not easy doing these things...as I found out.. Laughing They are straight from the camera no processing of any sort.Let us know if you want something else...and don't hold it against the lens if I am bad at taking these "test" shots..Laughing
#1 F3.5 SP2500

#2 F5.6 SP1000

#3 F8 SP320

#4 F11 SP125

#5 F16 SP100

#6 F22 SP50

Last edited by mo on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo...here is my Vivitar T4 (minus the adapter). Not as pristine as your Mamiya but they are very similar. Regardless of the worn condition of the exterior it is very sharp optically. Well good enough for me anyway. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MO.

I can't see the pics now. I will try later.

Sure they are very good.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BD
Thanks for posting...I can see the aperture ring on yours is not as "snug" against the tripod collar....better handling?

Hi Rino
I understand, I hope all is back to normal with the forum soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The links were broken so I have just fixed them.You can see red CA(?) on the top power lines and green CA on the bottom power lines.Is CA the correct term for this?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moria.

Yes, I can see a little CA. But it's normal in almost all the 200 mm. It has less than other 200 lenses of first brands.

It has a constant IQ thru all the apertures. Nice colors rendering with neutral contrast. I don't see distortion at all.

Good resolution.

I saw something that I saw in my mamiya/sekor TL/DTL 2,8/135 (the same line than your 200 mm) too: Very good lens at wide open. Less contrast? Yes, but only a bit. Less color? No. Less resolution? a bit. But it's an aperture to use and with nice results.

I like this lens very much.

A little detail: the apertures in the test are inverted. The F/ 22 is the F/3,5 and so. But the test is good.

Cheers. Rino