Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder adjustment for Super-Ikonta A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder adjustment for Super-Ikonta A Reply with quote

My "new" super-ikonta's rangefinder was wildly off and I've seen all sorts of complicated suggestions about how to fix this problem but the correct solution seems to be admirably simple and I found it by accident.

In the middle of the bottom of the arm that swings up to position the rangefinder lens there is a screw. Slacken this slightly, point the camera at an object a known distance away - I used a plant pot five feet from me - set the focus ring to the correct distance and then holding the focus ring firmly in position with one hand, rotate the rangefinder focusing ring (which now slips) until the images join up on the thing you are focused on. Then simply tighten up the screw so the rangefinder wheel doesn't slip against the focus ring any longer.

I then picked an object at infinity, used the rangefinder to adjust the focus to it and - hey presto! - the focusing ring had turned to infinity, so the two parts are working together correctly.

Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the focus calibration of the lens (and I see no reason for anyone to have tampered with that after it left the factory) the rangefinder should now be performing accurately.

I guess the same adjustment works with all the swing-arm Ikonta-type rangefinders, including the Super-Ikonta C and some Moskva copies, such as the Moskva 5,