Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Projection Zoom 4" to 6" f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Projection Zoom 4" to 6" f3.5 Reply with quote

Anyone try one on a slr or dslr.Looks like a 14mm extension tube will give me infinity on my Minolta X-370.
I bought it local, and thought it might be fun to try.
It has a little dust on the outside of the lens, sorry didn't clean it yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people here have tried projection lenses.

I have tried a few of these myself.

Results are mixed. Some are surprisingly sharp, some are dull and dim, some are "interesting".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully mine is sharp, and or interesting.I will give it a try and post the results. hopefully soon. I'm really behind on lens testing.

Thank You Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the easy mount, used a rubber plumbing connector with my shortest tube. I shot a little with it today, hopefully tomorrow I will get to finish the roll and get it developed. I think it's going to be a nice lens, hopefully the results will back that up.
A quick pic of it mounted with adapter. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for an adaptor !
I must try this !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Good idea for an adaptor !
I must try this !

Thank you. Smile I got the idea from soneone on this forum. I just can't remember who, so I can thank them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it on my 10D. I need to readjust for infinity, and rig up a hood for it.
Seems very average . I will reserve judgement untill I test it some more.Looks like I missed focus slightly. Comments are welcome.
I will try again with a tripod.