Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica Electro 35 problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Yashica Electro 35 problem Reply with quote

I loaded the film. The film is properly loaded, as it's described in the manual. The "battery" is made out of 4x1.5v lr44 batteries. The first ring is set to Auto. When I press the shutter button half way, if not correctly exposed, red arrow appears. But when I press it all the way, nothing happens. Is it possible that the battery hasn't properly set? Because, the red arrow is there and I don't think it would be there if the battery wasn't properly loaded.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the red arrow is a light, you're getting current from the battery.

The Electro 35 has a mechanical shutter, so it should trip even without the battery. I have an Electro 35 GT and I just gave it a try. It doesn't have any batteries in it at the moment, but the shutter still trips. You can't get your shutter to fire at all?

How about the "slow" and "over" lights on top of the camera, do they light up at all? Does the shutter fire without the batteries?

If the shutter doesn't fire at all, chances are it's time for a CLA.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without battery the shutter fires at 1/500 max speed.

Something else isn't right with the shutter button... I don't know if, say, trying a cable release might give better response? Also, is the self timer set and stuck? Sometimes if that's the case nothing happens.