Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Check what is under your seat!!..Macro Tak F4/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Check what is under your seat!!..Macro Tak F4/50 Reply with quote

I spied with my little eye...something that makes me go ARGHHHHHHH.So ok for most of you who can like spiders ...but I don't like them...just the way they look...nothing personal.. Laughing
This I am pretty sure is a version of the Red back that can make you very sick if bitten...enjoy,it was under the chair and I got as close as I could by being brave.. Laughing Very hard light to work with under a chair or rather from a strong side light...I got as close as I could without losing it (freaking out etc)...I tell you, if it had moved..ughhh not worth thinking about Razz
#1 Looks ok from a distance.

#2 Live dinner waiting or maybe dinner that she does not like?? Earwigs.

#3 madam spider...cool body pattern..usually comes in black with red.

#4 The focus was not as sharp as it could have been...plus the little ground dwellers were biting as I had to lay down to get these...damn Ants..their bites can sting for hours once bitten!! VERY painful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some very nice photos, Mo! Can't say I've ever seen that sort of coloration pattern before, but then I'm from Texas. It has the same body plan as the Black Widow, which is very common here in the US, and which is also poisonous.

I'd say that you were getting over your fear of that little beastie as you were taking photos of it. Hehe. To the point where you were able to tune out ant stings. That shows more than just a little bit of determination on your part.

Anyway, it looks like it paid off in the end -- those last two shots really do look cool, I'd have to say. And, no, in case you're wondering, I don't get freaked out by spiders. I subscribe to the principle that if I don't bother them, they won't bother me. Plus, I weigh about a million times more than they do and I'm faster than them to boot. They are totally at my mercy, so there is no reason for me to fear them, and every reason for them to fear me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Michael
It's totally irrational to fear them as you say as they are so small...I am learning to control it (I don't really freak out as some people can do ,I just really don't like them).I think you are right it is sort of related to the black widow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked those are some damned nice shots! i know you dont like the way they look, but it's definitely a beautiful specimen. bravo for being able to deal with your fear long enough to take these!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful specimen, like marble!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

Redback, OK!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are in the home do you squash them or free them out in the fields?
With the wuzzie UK spiders I put them out the window (erm and they probably crawl back in again Rolling Eyes ).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid if they come into the home, which for me I have seen this only once...they get squashed. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those earwigs creep me out, they are just stood there not bundled up in silk or anything, waiting to be devoured, what a horrible fate!

Spiders in the house normally get released but a while ago we had about 7 "giant house spiders" in one night - I have no idea why - and by the last one I was so fed up of the card and glass technique that I just squished it Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatdeeman
They disturbed me too when I saw them move...that's why I wondered do they taste horrible (to the spider that is)? I took the photo for shock purposes Rolling Eyes
7 Spiders in one night...lucky you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too dreaded spiders. Since I have got into photographing them my irrational fear of them has diminished. However, I still shudder when I walk into a web & frantically check to make sure one is not on me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only famous Oz - Dame Edna Everidge - once said:

"Most things that move in 'Strilia, are pizenous. Most things that don't move in 'Strilia are pizenous too".

One of my favourite quotes. Loved Dame Edna

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes the Dame...he /she is very funny! Laughing