Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Split focussing screen in %d or not?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Split focussing screen in %d or not? Reply with quote

Here's the thing - another impulse purchase! Idea Idea

Currently I have a grid line focussing screen in my 5D which I find helpful in getting horizontals and verticals right first time.

I mostly use a chip focus-confirm enabled adapter for my manual lenses and where I do, these serve me better than "mute" adapters without focus confirm.

I'm toying with the idea of slipping in a split focussing screen as this should give me "right first time" focussing: any comments please guys?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matte Canon screen would probably be better. It's what I used in the 5D and now the 5Dii.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
The Matte Canon screen would probably be better. It's what I used in the 5D and now the 5Dii.

Martin, Do you find it easier to use? More accurate? Quicker? All three? Laughing