Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any UK members good at soldering?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Any UK members good at soldering? Reply with quote

Basically I bought a Samsung GX-1s (Pentax DS2) cheap on ebay a while ago because it wasn't selecting some of the shooting modes, I had heard it was just a matter of corrosion under the mode dial but it turned out one of the little wires has popped off it's terminal there.

It's easy to get the top plate off, just a series of screws including one inside the cattery compartment.

What I am looking for is some kind soul who is good at soldering fiddly items who could perhaps re attach this wire for me. I would of course pay for postage and return postage and would be willing to offer a small £10 sweetener (it would be more but I'm broke at the moment!)

I will also of course explain how to get the plate off (if you need me to!)

I bought this camera to sell on initially but when I realised I couldn't fix it I gave up on that idea but I have gradually been using it more despite not being able to select AV mode (my preferred mode) and I have now fallen in love with it!

So, back to the topic, is there anyone out there that can solder fiddly things and would be willing to undertake this admittedly low value contract?

Thanks for reading Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a thread asking for help in the DIY section of the head-fi forums: lots of UK people there with excellent soldering skills. Another place to check is the rockgrotto forums, most of the members do audio diy and are from the UK. Offer a couple of beers in exchange for the soldering job and go there in person, or you risk that your cameras stays in the bottom of a pile of stuff to do for months. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a go at it for you Dave, but I don't want the responsibility if anything goes wrong. If that's OK with you then PM me please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll also volunteer under the same conditions Smile PM me if needed.