Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax Lens and Accessory catalog 1976/77
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Asahi Pentax Lens and Accessory catalog 1976/77 Reply with quote

I have this interesting Pentax lens & accessory catalog from the transitional period between the K and the M, which puts it in 1976/77. Here are some pages, I have 6 more to post...in the next couple of days

SMC Pentax Fisheye 17mm f/4 SMC Pentax 15mm f/3.5 SMC Pentax 18mm f/3.5 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax 20mm f/4 SMC Pentax 24mm f/2.8 SMC Pentax 28mm f/2 SMC Pentax-m 28mm f/2.8 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax 30mm f/2.8 SMC Pentax-M 35mm f/2 SMC Pentax-M 35mm f/2.8 1976-77 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax-M 40mm f/2.8 Pentax 50mm f/1.2 Pentax 50mm f/1.4 Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 SMC Pentax 55mm f/1.8 SMC Pentax 55mm f/2 SMC Pentax 85mm f/1.8 SMC Pentax-M 100 f/2.8 SMC Pentax 120mm f/2.8 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax 135mm f/2.5 SMC Pentax-M 135mm f/3.5 SMC Pentax 150mm f/4 SMC Pentax 200mm f/4 SMC Pentax-M 200mm f/4 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax 300mm f/4 SMC Pentax 400mm f/5.6 SMC Pentax 500mm f/4.5 SMC Pentax 1000mm f/8 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax Reflex 1000mm f/11 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC Pentax Zoom 45-125mm f/4 SMC Pentax Zoom 85-210mm f/3.5 SMC Pentax Zoom 85-210mm f/4.5 SMC Pentax Zoom 135-600mm f/6.7 by Nesster, on Flickr

SMC-M Pentax Macro 50mm f/4 SMC Pentax-M Macro 100mm f/4 SMC Pentax Bellows 100mm f/4 SMC Pentax Shift 28mm f/3.5 by Nesster, on Flickr

1876/77 Pentax Lens Table by Nesster, on Flickr

Asahi Pentax Accessories - Filters 1976/77 by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax Lens Accessories 1976/77 by Nesster, on Flickr

very large size scans are available if you click through to flickr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.
I love this kind of pubblication Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I enjoy posting these for the tidbits of knowledge that bubble up:
note the M 50/1.4 is the only one without a rear cap on, perhaps all the more to show how much smaller it is than the K lens above it Wink
These are courtesy of Pentaxforum members: the 85-210 3.5 zoom doesn't seem to exist in real life?
The wide angle photographs are of Vancouver.

Pentax Auto Bellows & Slide Copier K, Micro Moving Attachment, Autorobo, Copy Stand, Cable Release, Correction Lenses, Right Angle Viewer by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax Microscope Adapter, Stereo Adapter and Stereo Viewer, Mirror Adapter by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax Focus screens - K2, KX, KM, MX by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax K adapter, 6x7 Lens Adapter, Everready Cases, Lens cases, Kit bag III, Speed Bag, Joy Bag by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax Lens cap, Body cap, step-up ring, Film magazine by Nesster, on Flickr

Pentax Spotmeter V / Digital Spotmeter by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks!
Just one thing: Do you think you could pack all these pages into one ZIP and upload it somewhere? That would save us the time to go to each of your Flickr images, show original size etc...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Cool! Thanks!
Just one thing: Do you think you could pack all these pages into one ZIP and upload it somewhere? That would save us the time to go to each of your Flickr images, show original size etc...

Better yet, a .pdf of the whole catalog would be the way to go.

I have a 6/84 printing of the Pentax Lenses and Accessories catalog, so I was curious to compare them. There are big differences. Gone are the optical formula diagrams for all the lenses. I was about to launch into a tirade about how, it always seems to be over time, things get dumbed down for no apparently good reason. Then I took a closer look. And realized there had to be new items that Pentax would want to include and further that Pentax didn't want this slim catalog to begin taking on the size of a novel. So. For instance, mine has a couple of pages on data backs, and a rather large section of strobes and strobe accessories, plus a section for LX accessories. Each spotmeter got its own page, though. The lens listings also show quite a few changes. Pentax rather severely trimmed down its ultra-wide offerings, for example, but greatly expanded its zoom offerings, and even had a few more telephotos to show. Still, I wish they would have kept in the optical formulas.