Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 2.5/105mm Ai - first shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 2.5/105mm Ai - first shots Reply with quote

Hi,

got this lens today for really a very very cheap price in excellent condition.My little Nikkor collection is growing. Tomorrow first shost with this lens.

Wink

Last edited by Rolf on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch that you are going to love it Wink

By the way how much cheap?

Less than 50Euros ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
I have a hunch that you are going to love it Wink

+1

Late Ai version, it looks great and not much used - the focusing ring rubber grip is still "edgy", as opposed to rounded from lots of use. You will like it, 4 stars already wide open (results good for large prints at f/2.5 to f/2.Cool, 5 stars at f/4. Peak performance is at f/5.6, where it paints fantastic detail on full frame. It doesn't suffer from diffraction that much, as expected from the focal length.

Another classic shoot at whatever aperture and expect great results kind of lens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This exactly lens was used for this famous photo Wink

Click here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanky guys.

It was a little bit more - but not too much. The prices here for Nikon lenses increase every day. Looking now for a HS-8 hood to be in proper style.

Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah. The 105/2.5 has been one of my favorite lenses since the day I got mine. Mine is an Ai-s, which looks a bit different, but is supposed to be optically identical. Sometimes I'm still surprised by how well it works. I also like the fact that it is compact and reasonably light, unlike so many of the modern, monstrously huge and heavy, yet slow, zoom lenses or the nearly as large modern primes.

Enjoy it!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the all-time greats. You are going to find it very difficult to take off and your female subjects will love it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my favorite lens in pro use for many, many years. True classic!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thanky guys.
It was a little bit more - but not too much. The prices here for Nikon lenses increase every day. Looking now for a HS-8 hood to be in proper style.
Cool

As already said, a great lens in all aspects, enjoy!

As regards the hood, having tried both the HS-8 and HN-8 myself I'm in favour of the screw-in type. I found it serves its purpose in a better way due to its slightly larger size. The only con vs the HS-8 is that the latter being reversible it enables more comfortable use of the lens cap.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

here few images and impressions from our little village and the Christmas market there.

Thanks for viewing and if you like for comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you are living in a 'story book' Shocked nicest Christmas market what I even seen. I did love so much this lens, I think you will love it too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, such a lovely market! This lens really shines for people/portraits too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks friends.

Indeed, this village has a lot of atmosphere. Very Happy

Tomorrow I will take some images with Nikon 28mm, Leica 35-70 lens and maybe some others. Tthen I will open a new thread with some og these new shots. Please stand by Cool

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:

Click here

On Kodachrome 64 film.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
Keysersoze27 wrote:

Click here

On Kodachrome 64 film.

Hi Russ,

Wow, you took this photo? Did it not appear in one of the front covers of the National Geographic magazine? I thought I saw published somewhere

Cheers,
Simon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roft,

Those photos are one of the sharpest images I have ever seen!
Beautiful Christmas market. I wish I am there to soak up the atmostphere.

I am really looking forward to see my copy of the lens.

-Si.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are outstanding lenses and perhaps best one from Nikon, I am 100 % sure you copy will outstanding too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Russ wrote:
Keysersoze27 wrote:

Click here

On Kodachrome 64 film.

Hi Russ,

Wow, you took this photo? Did it not appear in one of the front covers of the National Geographic magazine? I thought I saw published somewhere

Cheers,
Simon

Laughing

Nah!!! It's Steve McCurry's most famous photo the "Afghan Girl" . It is one of the most famous photo portaits of the Century.
This shot clearly shows the portrait capabilities of the Nikkor 105.
As Russ pointed out it was shot using Kodachrome 64 and a 105 AiS.

By the way Russ there is a preference now in Provia and Velvia E6 film but I will never forget the quality I seen in Kodachrome 25 ones!!! Nothing compares to it !!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

This is very appealing to me, dimensionality, color, composition. Very nice photo Rolf!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Vilhelm

Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread really excites me - two months ago I bought just this lens, mine's a later serial number but HEY HEY HEY it's good Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Russ wrote:
Keysersoze27 wrote:

Click here

On Kodachrome 64 film.

Hi Russ,

Cheers,
Simon

Simon

No I did not take it. But I once spent an evening with Steve McCurry, and he assured me that it was indeed made on Kodachrome 64. I have the original Nikon 105f/2.5 (small rear element). A buddy of mine AI'd it, and it's a lens I'd never part with.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf

Fairy story place and a great lens to document it. It's a legend for good reason. Just wait till you use it for portraits - it really shines there

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool lens -- and photos!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rolf!
Lovely village and lovely pictures as well....I also realy like a lot my Nikkor 2,5/105 (I have the ai version)....this is for sure on of the best MF Nikkor lens Very Happy .....