Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Pen D2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Olympus Pen D2 Reply with quote

Today I found a couple of interesting cameras , one of them was new to me looks like a jewelery (this one).

http://www.cameraquest.com/olypend2.htm

It was quiet funny I did find range finder and I didn't find it , because it is don't have it Smile First I thought it has faulty Rolling Eyes

Any experience ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same one, it's small and beautiful. Mine needs a CLA though as its shutter is gummed, but I never manage to find the time to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find time to fix it, a joy to use it. I did put immediately a roll into, I love it. Seems mine is works , except light meter which is dead.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Find time to fix it, a joy to use it. I did put immediately a roll into, I love it. Seems mine is works , except light meter which is dead.

Heh, I have a closet full of cameras and lenses to fix. Smile

My light meter works, but I don't know yet if it can be trusted. I love the old Pen cameras, they really are a joy to use. While waiting for the D2 to be fixed, I have an EES-2 which I sometimes take out to shoot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I have lenses in same case.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get an idea how small it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked that's a big box of film, must be the long discontinued 828 Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great little camera. It has a six element (planar) lens. Very solid rendering. This is the 2 nd version. The 1st came with selenium meter. And the 3erd. with 1,7 lens.

I want to find one for years, but I can´t.

Enjoy, 72 pics !!! Laughing Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Great little camera. It has a six element (planar) lens. Very solid rendering. This is the 2 nd version. The 1st came with selenium meter. And the 3erd. with 1,7 lens.

I want to find one for years, but I can´t.

Enjoy, 72 pics !!! Laughing Laughing

Rino.

Laughing Thanks! A pen collection went to local shop I found about this reason, I also didn't see here ever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Rino.

Rino if you want mine, I guess I'll never get around to use it. I paid very little for it if I remember. I just checked it and it's the model with the selenium meter, which still seems reactive. The film advance is not as smooth as it should, but I just tried the shutter and it seems to work ok. I can't remember why I thought it needed a CLA. Send me a PM if you want it.

Heh, I just checked and it was one of the great bargains I got from ebay: 12£ shipped. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can get quite expensive. Good find, one of the most desired half-frames.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked mine to see if it was really worth sending it to Rino, and it turns out it's a D (not D2) and it's also in pretty sorry shape: the shutter needs a CLA, the shutter release button has a tendency to stick, the film advance is very rough, and someone opened the top and then lost one of the two screws.

So it needs quite a bit of work before it's usable. I also wonder how sane zone focusing with a fast lens really is: I sometimes get out of focus shots with my 2.8 Pen EE-S, I imagine the D and D2 will be even worse. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my D, in case, box, instructions... the whole kit. I actually prefer the idea of not having to use batteries for the meter, which works well.

It makes for a nice available light camera too, the very light shutter release action allows you to use shutter speeds slower than what you normally dare to use.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled upon this nice short video from Olympus

http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/special/pen50th/pen_d/