Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Bruny Pics - Slide Track & Penguin Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Some Bruny Pics - Slide Track & Penguin Island Reply with quote

Just a small selection of fairly recent shots from when I walked down to Penguin Island (tiny island on the edge of adventure bay) and from the slide track hiking trail (where they used to "slide" logs down a rail track from logging ~ 100 yrs ago). They were insane back then, you should see where the old track used to be. Right along the edge of some very steep slopes, it was difficult to walk some places, I can't imagine what it was like trying to build it!

If I remember right, I took a Helios 44m, Cosinon 135mm f/3.5 and the Cimko MT 24mm f/2.8 on these trips.

Cliffs near penguin island

Waves crashing on penguin island.

And the rest are from my walk on the slide track. There aren't any shots of the track itself, there isn't much left of it anymore and just looks like a bunch of rotting logs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heve a great piece of nature there!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some wonderful shots, love the last one and the "bleeding tree" Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great location. Do other humans live there too?

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb series! great location

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the power that comes through from those waves crashing on the rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I love this place, pretty small population here, I can't remember the exact figure but it's something like 800 permanent residents. It's getting stupid crazy in the summer here now though with tourists.

It's such a photogenic place too. So much variety. I came down here for some work I got offered a couple of years ago and couldn't bring myself to leave!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gorgeous country!

Great photos. I especially like the waterfall shot and the last one of the tree.